new baby feeding problems - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #1
Spydergotboost
new baby feeding problems

i bought 2 little beardies at the white plains show this past sunday and i am having problems getting one of them to eat i have tried everything baby roaches/crickets 1/4 inch mealies, greens, pellets, what else should i try i am running out of options ad i dont want him to die please help if you know anything that might work Billy

Old 07-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #2
jenn
This is going to sound silly, but try baby food. My little man loves it. Also try cut up greens, fruit. Thats all i can recomend because to be honest i don't know what else to tell ya. Hopefully he will start eating for you. It might just be the stress of moving and he just needs to adjust to his new house.
I hope everything works out for you.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Spydergotboost
thanks for he reply i will try the baby food it just so happens i have a baby so i wont have to make a special trip for it

Old 07-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
Blazin
Try some natural Sunlight!

Good ol natural sunlight is great for their appetite among other things. Just don't let the little guy get too hot. Also make sure you have a good basking spot in your enclosure.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:42 PM   #5
Spydergotboost
well now i got bad news today the baby in question was found with poop stuck on his/her vent i know this is bad and i think it has to do with her being dehydrated but what can i do to fix the problem please help me i am really worried if you know anything that might help i really would like to hear it thank you in advance

Old 07-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
jenn_jeffery
get a syringe, mix some baby food and ground rep-cal or something similar and water, so it easily comes out the tip of the syringe. If you don't have repcal just use the baby food for now (1st foods, the small jars, it's super thin) and put a drop of the mixture on their noses, and they should lick it off, if they don't carefully ease open their lips along one side and squirt a LITTLE in at a time. This will give them some nourishment, and the rep-cal will give them some protein and good stuff they need, as well as this keeps them hydrated.

Be sure all of your temps are right. If you have any questions at all on your setup, ask. Use a digital thermometor to check the temps, don't use one of the zoo-med types that sticks on the side of the tank.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
Spydergotboost
hey jenn do you have any instant messengers?mine is spydergotboost@aol and gstgecko@yahoo i would like to talk to you about this

Old 07-22-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
jenn
Another thing that helps is mist her. She will lick the water droplets off her head. It's sounds simple, but trust me it works.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:54 PM   #9
Spydergotboost
well i have gotten her to eat alittle banna baby food with calcium and vitamins with water mixed in and i have been misting her and she has been drinking a little i just really got worried when i say the poop stuck to her i am tring every thing she currently is in a 10 gal tank with sand and she has a naturalistic wood environment with romaine lettuce pellets and crickets in there the temps are 105 in the hot spot and 80 in the outher ares in the tank also she is a little more active but she likes to just stare at the light with her head up way high with her eyes closed i know this sounds normal as my other dragons do this also but not as much as her and their eyes are not normally closed so any way i hope this helps

Old 07-24-2004, 02:34 PM   #10
Spydergotboost
well i am sad to anounce that when i woke up this mournig the baby in question had passed away everything i had feed her via seringe had been regurgitated and she lost the will to live aperantly i am very upste but i believe i did every thing i could the other baby i purchased from thr same clutch is doing extremely well but that really dont mean a thing the temps are all fine they are 111 in the baskind spot with a reptisun 5.0 bulb for the rest of the light and it was 86 average in the rest of the cage they were in a 10 gal to start them off with sand as a substrate and wood and fake plants for decore and they had greens with fruit and pellets and crickets and cock roaches of aprotriate size for food i tried everything i believe if there is anything i did wrong please let me know before any thing happens to my other dragons thsnk you in advance Billy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!