primate haters - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
snakewrangler
I'd like to know how the iguana got ripped apart by a pit bull.

If the Iguana was housed properly and securely, how would that happen?

Are you sure you know what you are doing?

Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #32
crazylady1193
I had a friend of mine (the one that owned the pit) animal sitting for me while I was in the hospital ( I have had a problem with blood clots for over 10 years) I was there a total of 10 days my iguana like most of my animals have free run of two rooms in my house, I stopped making him stay in a cage when he was 3, she had sit for me before and brought her pit
With her many times to my house. im not exactly sure what all happened as I was not there, but what I was told is she went into check on him and the others, barney (named by then 2 yr old) was on his basking ledge when he came down the pit got scared for some reason not sure why and snapped at him. barney freaked started whipping him with his tail and she could not get them apart fast enough. It was a freak accident like I said the pit had been in the "animal room" many times with out any problems. IM sure that letting them have free run is a bad idea to some but they seam to enjoy having two large rooms they can move around in freely.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #33
Mokele
No, it was not a freak accident. It was entirely your fault for a) letting an animal free-roam without you present, b) letting someone bring a huge predator into the same room/home as the free-roaming animal, and c) allowing situation b to happen without your direct supervision.

Never mind primates; you aren't responsible enough to own *any* animal beyond a goldfish.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #34
crazylady1193
omfg! A) i was in the hospital, i could not let them starve for 10 days! b)the huge predator as you called him had been in my home and the room more than once over several years without any problems. c) no i didnt have direct supervision i was in the hospital!
how can you say im not responsible enough to own anything behond a goldfish? the fact that i raised him over 9 years speaks for its self. i dont think it matters what i say you have already formed your opnion of me and thats fine.
whats next telling me that my home being broken into and my boa getting stolen along with other things was my fault to? or better yet my dog getting a tick on him from playing outside is my fault.
the only thing i am at fault for is wanting to talk to others whohave pets that they have welcomed into their family. that i will take blame for.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #35
crazylady1193
and just so that you know even though you might not care, trying to get over the fact that something like that happned to one of my babies was not an easy thing to deal with. and knowing that if i wasnt sick i would have been here and it might not have hapend didnt help either. nothing about that was easy to deal with no is it something i want to have someone else tell me that was my fault. dont you think i know i should have been the one taking care of them? what makes you think it didnt break not only my heart my childrens who loved him and to this day refuses to let me get another iguana because there afraid to get attached to it and something happen.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #36
Mokele
Quote:
A) i was in the hospital, i could not let them starve for 10 days!
Then call someone *responsible* to take care of them, not your moronic friend.

Or at least ask her to leave the dog at home. Is it joined to her at the hip or something?

Quote:
b)the huge predator as you called him had been in my home and the room more than once over several years without any problems.
And Seigfried & Roy didn't have any problem with their tigers until one day...

*ANY* combination of animals has the potential for serious conflict (even herbivores of different species), and when one of those animals is a predator which outweighs the other by more than 10 times, it's pretty much guaranteed that something bad will happen.

Are you seriously too stupid to have thought "Hrm, a big strong dog and a small, somewhat fragile lizard - if something goes wrong, the lizard is dead."? Or were you perfectly content to risk the life of your animal for no good reason?

Quote:
how can you say im not responsible enough to own anything behond a goldfish?
The fact that you're too stupid to consider the possible ramifications of inviting an 80-lb predator into the same room as an 8 lb lizard?

The fact you've evidently bought a social animal with absolutely no consideration for its psychological needs?

Or maybe the fact that you think "I want it" is sufficient justification for owning any damn fool thing that strikes your fancy? Is a pet rhinocerous next?

Quote:
the fact that i raised him over 9 years speaks for its self.
It's an iguana, not a Bornean earless monitor. Any idiot with google can raise one.

Quote:
trying to get over the fact that something like that happned to one of my babies was not an easy thing to deal with. and knowing that if i wasnt sick i would have been here and it might not have hapend didnt help either. nothing about that was easy to deal with no is it something i want to have someone else tell me that was my fault. dont you think i know i should have been the one taking care of them? what makes you think it didnt break not only my heart my childrens who loved him and to this day refuses to let me get another iguana because there afraid to get attached to it and something happen.
Good. You should suffer, since it was entirely your fault for not taking a moment to actually *think* about what you do.

Unfortunately, it's pretty evident you've not learned, nor are you willing to learn.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #37
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
Never mind primates; you aren't responsible enough to own *any* animal beyond a goldfish.
Hey! Goldfish can live for twenty-thirty years or better with proper care, they have specific water quality and environmental needs...

There's absolutely no way this woman is responsible enough to own a goldfish.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #38
Mokele
True. Pet rock, maybe? Though I have a suspicion that she'd somehow manage to commit Cruelty to Granite.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
crazylady1193
oh well, what every you want to think of me is your business.
i do wish all of you the best with your pets and may they have a long happy life with you.
teresa

Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #40
AvandisFifth187
Quote:
Then call someone *responsible* to take care of them, not your moronic friend.
You are being so disrespectful and rude!

Quote:
It's an iguana, not a Bornean earless monitor. Any idiot with google can raise one.
Have you ever raised an iguana? In most cases, it's not as easy as you think. And yea, google can tell you WHAT to do, but most often NOT HOW to do it. And I personally take offense to this post because I raised one for 12 years, without google. So does this make me a slightly less stupid moron?

Quote:
Good. You should suffer, since it was entirely your fault for not taking a moment to actually *think* about what you do.
HOLY ! You are such an @ss hole, Mokele! At this point I'm not even trying to defend her animals, I want to stop you. CrazyLady has been extremely respectful throughout all of these posts, while you have sit there calling names, beating her down, and just straight talkin . For god sakes, your 28! Act your age!

To the rest of you being disrespectful, stop. You can disagree with someone and still treat them respectfully. This is what she has been doing with you guys, at least return the favor. To the FEW of you that have been respectful, I'm gonna thank you because its just annoying to read 4 pages of attacks.

Again, I still think she is right in what she is doing. So many of you have said that the breeders tear them away too soon, and one can only insinuate out of that that the breeder would mistreat the animals. At least she is doing better than most breeders would.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!