Adult orange dream? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
dturner100
Adult orange dream?

This whole orange dream thing is confusing me. I agree orange dreams look awesome as babies, but so far I haven't seen an orange dream adult that even looks better than a sub-par normal.

Can somebody post a pic of an orange dream adult that would really justify the $2000+ price tag?

I'm not trying to put down the morph, but I just don't understand the hype? If I'm missing something I'd be more than happy to be educated, but is an amazing looking ball python that is gonna grow to be a normal looking adult really worthy of all this hype, or is it just because a big name breeder said they're worth it?

I know I sound arrogant here, but I'm not. Just confused.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
dturner100
On the other side of the coin, I've never seen one in person. Just photos. I guess my doubt could also be poor photography.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
David Reid
I have seen an adult Orange dream in person and they are not even recognizable as a morph.

Dave

Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
gsrept
i do not know enough about that genetic morph but have seen them in person and look like normals to me.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
dturner100
So that's why I don't understand the $2000+ price tag. Even the combos that are made with the orange dream are only recognizable as a morph combo as hatchlings, and shortly to sub-adulthood.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
David Reid
Have you seen an adult Desert? Look way better as babies, both the Desert and Orange Dream.

Dave

Old 03-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
gsrept
i do not know it seems to me that it may be a hidden gene carrier and will only react with certian genes what i do know i personally would not spend the money until it is proved to actually do something like the vanillas that clean up other morphs. just my op.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
dturner100
Are we talking about Desert ( co-dom ) or Desert Ghost ( recessive )?

The desert ( co-dom ) I think you're absolutely right David. They're nice, but nothing more than a cleaned up woma ( in my opinion ).

Now the recessive desert ghost adults I've seen are awesome. They're darn near white and black. The desert ghost has my thumbs up for their price tag, but I'm sure the co-dom desert price tag will drop pretty fast as well as the orange dream.

If you want to know what I consider the most awesome morph in the ball python world... The yellow belly. What doesn't it make awesome combos with. Heck, look at the super stripe. I'd really like to see some yellow bellies mixed with more recessive traits. Once my het caramels put out some babies I'm sure you can guess what my next project will be.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
Now the recessive desert ghost adults I've seen are awesome. They're darn near white and black. The desert ghost has my thumbs up for their price tag, but I'm sure the co-dom desert price tag will drop pretty fast as well as the orange dream.
But they take SOOOOO long to change into that adult coloration!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
dturner100
Indeed they do, but in my opinion a ball morph that gets better as it gets older will always be tops in my book.

On another note we have a veteran ( Steve ) on the thread without expressing any opposing opinion on the topic of the thread. I think that kind of seals my personal feelings on the topic.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that personally love the orange dream, but I don't. It's kind of like the axanthic. I've got a female reduced pattern female who is "grey-er" than any adult axanthic I've ever seen. She's gravid, and I'm gonna breed her offspring back, but I'm sure she'll prove to be a really grey normal. The point is that I paid $50 for a female that looks better than most "true axanthics" of the same age/weight ( 3 yo & 1650 grams.

As far as the co-dom deserts go, I'd actually love to have one because they make decent combos, but not for $3k on a base morph that everybody and their mother has bought in the last couple years.

One thing I'd like to see go public ( but I can't blame him for keeping them secret ) is the super paint balls. I'd love to buy one, but the price tag though justified ( in my opinion ) is just way out of my league.

Anyway thanks for the opinions guys. Keep them coming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!