Any 3D printer using herpers out there? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 AM   #1
Randall Turner
Any 3D printer using herpers out there?

I have had a 3d printer for a month now (it is really cool and useful) but so far I've only used it for 1 helpful reptile related print job. I didn't want to pay a dollar a piece for sliding glass door pulls so I made some in cad (easier than you'd think to use) and printed out 11 of them (one door pull was lost when a door was broken). The 11 total cost for material (plastic and double sided tape) was less than a buck for all 11. Other ideas I've tossed around are mounts for branches. Beyond that I can't think of anything that is going to be cost/time effective enough to bother with making yet (hides take too long to print to be worth the effort for how cheap they are to purchase). I might design a custom thermostat enclosure later on (I've used project boxes up to this point and they are passable). Any ideas anyone has for a herp project? I have considered one of the terrarium conversion kits you can find, but don't keep anything needing a terrarium at the moment.