Hognose care questions. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
david4backpacking
Hognose care questions.

I got a few questions for anybody who will answer them. I just got a Hognose on sunday, she ate fine yesterday, I gave her some new water today, and she seems to be real happy.

I used to be a real kingsnake/milksnake guy, is there any diffrences/similaritys between taking care of a hognose and a kingsnake? Temp. controll, humidity, cage cleanliness? If anybody could help, that would be uber-awsome.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
lpcad
I keep my western hognose snakes(Heterodon nasicus) on the warmer side. They have a hotspot of about 90 degrees.
They are kept very dry, with plenty of ventilation.
I keep mine on 2-3 inches of aspen and give them a hide box. I spot clean daily, and keep them as clean as possible.
I also feed them smaller meals more often than my other colubrids.
This works for me, but you should definitely look at many care sheets and talk to several keepers.
Good luck and have fun with your new snake. They are an awesome species to work with.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
david4backpacking
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will use your suggestions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!