Bad Guy Kathryn Wrubel - katiscresteds.com - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #81
Lucille
I suggest all communication be done via this thread. That way, future readers will get a more accurate sense of how this actually gets resolved.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #82
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftingDreams View Post
I DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING SHE SAYS. after a, her policy states no refunds. So who's to say she won't just point that out.. she's used it once already..

That's how I feel.. now, she can consider that
I can understand your feelings. Her offer of a refund does not erase the damage done to her reputation. And her final offer makes the refund depend on live arrival, and certainly she could say anything once the gecko arrived, she could claim it was dead.

There is no question in my mind but that she brought this situation upon herself by the apparent false advertising of the gecko.

If everyone agrees that the gecko was not what it was sold as, she could offer to let you keep it and also send the refund, but you cannot ask for that because the critter traditionally has to be sent back prior to refunding.

Maybe she will just have to take the hit to her reputation. If the gecko is really only worth $40, that is not a good choice on her part, in my opinion.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #83
juliasara
Would you feel more trusting of Kati if she would write and sign a document promising to refund X amount on the day the gecko is received, and sends it to you? I'd think that if she didn't follow through you would be able to sue her using the signed letter, a copy of all the correspondence here and proof you shipped the gecko back and she received it. I could be wrong since I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure someone here can confirm if this would be possible. If not then maybe she could give the money to someone you both agree on and once you prove to that person she received him then they can give you the moneyear to you.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #84
leftycrane
I just don't understand why you wouldn't take her up on this offer. Yes, I get it, you don't trust her. But you're already out the $805 for a gecko that is worth under $60. So even if she doesn't send you the money, what are you out? Nothing more than you are already out, except the gecko you may have grown attached to, which I also understand. It just seems to me like you need to take a step back, breathe, and realize the $800 may be worth it to get back and be done with it. Do your research ahead of time. $800 is a lot to spend on a gecko you clearly didn't look into to begin with. Lesson learned. Try to get it squared away with her and move on.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #85
Lucille
Quote:
I also need to calm down.
Very wise. Take some time to think this through. Maybe sleep on it.
And, just a suggestion, if you have a bit of time. Do an internet search on Kathryn Wrubel. It is an unusual name, and there is some interesting info.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #86
CwnAnnwn
Warning, this post is going to come off mean, because I think they need a little tough love.

Ms. Groelly I am five seconds away from labeling you the bad person here. Honestly. Once Ms. Wrubel came forward with the best deal you are ever going to see, you started on a personal campaign against her.

I don't know either of you. I don't deal in crested geckos. I don't even know what a moonglow is.

But I do know what good faith is, and I do know a person that is taking it personally.

Quote:
I'm going to explain something. I am so beyond angry.. let's calm it what it is.. I've cried .. this makes THREE days now.. I do NOT trust and I don't want another crested gecko... I had my heart set on what SHE advertised.. what SHE told me he was and he wasnt. I WAS CRUSHED. He's sweet, he's nice, as pet quality.. but to rip me off like that? Then expect me to jump at the chance for her to do it again ? I don't trust her.. I have kept my word in this.. I shouldn't have to be made to trust her.. she lied
. And not just once.. so if my not trusting this woman is wrong.. well, not sure what to tell you.. I DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING SHE SAYS. after a, her policy states no refunds. So who's to say she won't just point that out.. she's used it once already..

That's how I feel.. now, she can consider that
. I have a child I need to put to bed and a kitchen to clean that I've neglected for this.. I also need to calm down.
The above post was you taking this personally and trying to get emotional and personal damage on to the person you think wronged you. You understand that this has nothing to do with the gecko at this point. The only way to make you happy is to smear your "enemy" on the internet as much as possible. Your behavior has turned childish and pathetic.

I am not going to sugar coat this. I don't care about your personal problems. I don't care about your business problems. I simply don't.

But to watch this thread degrade into a junior high school fight, is just making both of you look really bad.

As a person that does not know you, and personally don't care about either of you. Ms. Groelly, you are acting like the bad person here.

You have two options.

1.) Suck it up, keep the gecko, lesson learned, and walk away. (if you really don't trust her, take this option.)
2.) Return the gecko, get your money back, suck it up, lesson learned, and walk away. (best option from your own stated opinion.)

But you are some how carving out a third option here, make herself look completely horrible, while still personally attacking the seller and going to cry herself into getting nothing.

When I read these BOI, I have a tendency to view the buy and seller from a neutral point.

From my view, she completely ripped you off. But I know nothing about geckos, but you can not promise x and deliver y then run behind terms of service when you are caught in a lie.

But you have done nothing to fix the problem. You just want her to suffer for your perceived wrong. Grow up.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #87
Chris Kennard
As deceptive as Kati was in this deal, I wouldn't trust her either. She should refund the money, minus what the lizard is really worth, and be done with her business...for good.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #88
CraftingDreams
Here is the thing.. I have very bad anxiety...when I trust someone, and they do something like this, with all that I am, I can't trust them again. So because of this, people might think I'm the bad guy for not just trusting her to keep her word. She lied. There is absolutely NO doubt about that. Not one person here can honestly tell me she didn't. This isn't so much about the money as it is she lied and conned me, and then comes at me like I'm the wrong one. Then says she doesn't trust ME. That is NOT appreciated at all. If she needed time to think about a resolution, all it would have taken was for her to say something. Look at the emails... several before I went to paypal... and nothing from her past offering the two geckos she has left. Just like I messaged her when I ran into issues, she also could have messaged and said hey, can you give me a few days to think of something. I am NOT that unreasonable.. but not saying anything, and making me feel like I am just out.. then blocking me on fb? That spoke volumns. Sadly, I am extremely honest, (as I am loyal), which makes her audacity to say she doesn't trust me a slap in the face ...add insult to injury. Doesn't help me trusting her. She used her "policy" to refuse refund for a gecko she flat out stated never changed. That in itself would void any policy she had claiming no guarantee. Especially on an animal that does not technically exist. It didnt stop her from doing it though.. and nothing from her until I posted here. Did I threaten? No.. I made a promise. And as someone who was taken for what it was, I have the right to blog about it. I don't feel that if I avoided this forum, that she would have even contacted me. So.. where do I stand? Trust... I have the car on Saturday ( which is out) and Monday. Fact is, it's the only time I have it unless my husband takes off work, and that's not happening. I may not know how to ship geckos, as I have never done it before, but I overly care for all my animals, even those I have grown fond of despite the fact that they were misrepresented and lied about. I have 40 hour heat packs.. I keep them on hand for emergencies for our other animals. Just like I took great care in opening the box, I would take great care in repacking him. I would never jeopardize an animal because a seller did what you did. I never said he was bad, or that I didn't like him.. but I am sure many will agree, despite waiting in anticipation and enjoying the past 5 days of his company, I shouldn't have to like that I was lied to on something I was so excited about. That certainly is not his fault.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #89
Chris Kennard
Kati, no comment on your deliberate misrepresentation of the lizard in question? No comment on your response to paypal?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #90
CraftingDreams
You knowwhay.. then label me all you want.. did you spend the miney? We're you lied to and deceived only to have the very person demand to you trust them again to resolve anything? Wait, so why can't SHE trust me? I mean, she got my money.. right? I showed trust the whole time. Not you or anyone else is going to make me trust her again. If I lose the moneu, then I lose the money.. doesn't change what she did.. and expecting ME to trust her.. well you are asking too much there.. sorry.. she doesn't want to trust me, after all the trust I gave her.. well.. that's on her.. don't ask someone you lied to and conned to trust you again to resolve your wrong doing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!