Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #91
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Nice try, but I'm about to destroy what little credibility you may have had left...

Just so I understand you correctly, you manage all the content, yet you have hundreds of images routinely uploaded that are completely un-vetted by you, you have free-lance writers writing care guides with no accuracy oversight, and you write animal descriptions. Our vetting process is a work in progress and will improve in time.

I'm sure I could go on and on, and I did check more of your "written descriptions" ... you are not the "writer" you're trying to make yourself appear to be, most of the descriptions (when there even are any) are lifted directly off of other, legitimate source. Tell us, how much "writing" is involved in that?

BTW, your freelance "writer" doing the care sheets is either not a primary English speaker, or dropped out of the creative writing program at your local community college. I can't believe someone had the gall to charge you for that "writing". Subjective opinion and not fact

To summarize, everything I stated or insinuated was true. FALSE You do not control the content on your website (or you lie about it if you do), you have no idea what the animals you are selling look like and LIE about the fact that your customers know what they're getting, you pass the buck to your suppliers when there is incorrect info (wait, I thought you managed the content of your website?), you steal images (no wait, that was a contractor, I forgot), and you STEAL textual intellectual property wholesale, and without credit. [COLOR="red"]Yep, all FALSE as well[/color]

You embody the scammy, smarmy Brooklyn middleman to a "T" ... make a buck or two on volume, give people the run-around, nothing's your fault, everything's above-board, blame suppliers, blame the customer for not realizing exactly what they're getting, and on and on it goes... if I had a dollar for every story I've heard about people dealing with Brooklyn electronics "stores", I'd be rich. It must be a special club of smarmy middlemen who all get together regularly out there to discuss tactics.
This paragraph displays extreme prejudice against an entire city of 3 1/2 million people based entirely on heresy. Translation: Your a bigot.

Mister Internet,

I can see that the one of your real issues has to so with getting burned by some Brooklyn electronics store in the past. So, since you got burned or ripped off, that makes the other 3 1/2 million residents of Brooklyn somehow all shady and scammers? I actually find that level of prejudice against one of this countries greatest cities to border on bigotry.

That said, I would like to address just a few points from your post to dispel some of the inaccuracies and collective delusions that some members of content to believe in.

Contrary to what the members of this forum believe, ReptilesNCritters.com has been selling reptiles and amphibians for many years to the general public. Even though I do not see the animals before shipment, (to which, I might add, is not a crime the last time I checked) I take great pains to make sure my suppliers pack the animals with the utmost care. Do accidents happen? Of course they do as no delivery can be guaranteed to arrive alive 100% of the time. My customers know that they are covered on ALL DOA deliveries with either a money back guarantee or a free reshipment provided that additional shipping is paid for (which is another standard practice). From what I am describing, does not sound like I am scamming my customers? Maybe it still does to you but this is what we call subjective moral values. Like when you made fun of one of my freelance writers by saying in effect that his work is junk. In comparison to what? Your stellar writing skills? By making these statements you are only offering opinion along with your own subjective values and judgements.

So am I some kind of smart aleck? Someone who feels that he is above the law? Certainly not, which is way I am continuing to make refinements and adjustments to the way I produce content for my website. Time will tell on whether I make good on all of my objectives to clean up the image and content issues of my website. What I am not going to do is wave some kind of magic wand to make every last change that people are demanding. These will be progressive changes that will rolled out over the next several weeks and months.

I certainly hope to have made my points clear as I have listened and read attentively to the collective will of this community.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #92
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
I don't understand why he doesn't fork the money up and just buy the rights for some pictures. Is that investment to big for your business?
Focal X, I do buy some images from time to time so I am certainly not against that. I also ask for the usage rights of other images as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #93
John White
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
So am I some kind of smart aleck?
No, you are just a common, run-of-the-mill thief.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #94
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by John White View Post
No, you are just a common, run-of-the-mill thief.
John, you really do have a problem with this type of character assassination. This type of behavior does not become of a person of your stature.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #95
AbsoluteApril
I think Chris made a very good point with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
Hmmm...by your own admission back in 2007 you yourself were "borrowing" photos from other sites to replace the ones you got called out for using in violation of copyright.

Quote:
from ReptilesNCritters.com support@reptilesncritters.com
to Chris Anderson <cva3@cornell.edu>
date Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 4:31 PM
subject Re: wiedersheimi
hide details 12/22/07
Chris Anderson, sorry about my "law breaking ways." Of course I will remove the photo if you have a problem with it. Do you know of any places I can "borrow" a decent photo from?

Thank you,
Robert Crespo
ReptilesNCritters.com
Chris
So it would appear that you have no intention of actually changing your ways and just hope this fades away like it did before. It's been 3-1/2 years since you posted you would remove illegal photos and yet here you are still doing the same old game.

btw -
I'm sending notice to Bill Love that you are also using his copywrite work to try to sell your 'stock'
http://www.reptilesncritters.com/ima...ge/1640L_2.jpg
didn't even remove the watermark/copywrite notice...

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/hyp...der-corn.html#

My first glance at your site and found that one in seconds hmm I wonder how many more we will find
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #96
John White
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
John, you really do have a problem with this type of character assassination. This type of behavior does not become of a person of your stature.
Robert, the truth is the truth.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #97
John White
Robert, You really should just remove all the stolen photos from your website. Only keep the ones that you have permission to use.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #98
Chris Anderson
Robert,

An honest, respectable businessman who was truly out to cease the law breaking ways of his company and improve said company's image would replace all the photographs from his webs with placeholders until such a time as he could replace those placeholders with photographs acquired legally. You have repeatedly indicated that you have no intention of doing that but instead intend to continue to infringe people's copyrights until they notify you. That is not honest or respectable in any way and proves beyond any shadow of a doubt for me that you really could care less about the laws you have broken or the photographers you are infringing. You, sir, are nothing more than a crook and you dishonest, dishonorable and illegal business practices are disgusting.

Chris

Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #99
AbsoluteApril
2nd one I decided to look at and what do you know.. stolen! it's the very first image result from google image search..
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #100
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by John White View Post
Robert, the truth is the truth.
John, really? What is truth after all? Is something true because you say it's true?

To take your statement on face value, that I am a "run of the mill thief", that would imply that I am a shoplifter, car jacker, credit card fraudster, etc. You apparently only see the world in black and white, making no distinctions between someone who robs and mugs a little only lady and someone who violates a DMCA image.

I think it's time you learned a little more of the nuances of life rather than calling someone a "run of the mill thief".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!