Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #331
Mark McVay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
Robert,

Rates vary based on the usage. Uses for non profit education are on one end of the spectrum and commercial purposes are on the other. If you are offering to make this right by paying my usual rate for commercial use of the three (not one) of my photographs you used, you are welcome to contact me via email and I'd be happy to provide you specifics of what the rates I get are.

Chris
People use photographs everyday? Gimme a break.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #332
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McVay View Post
"Usage" here would mean "what type of person or group wants to print or post the photo on their website", not how often the photo is "accessed" or "used".

Most photographers have different pricing scales for registered 501(c) nonprofits, a person just wanting to repost a picture they really like on their website (a 'not-for-profit' use, but they're not a legal nonprofit group), or a registered corporation using the photo to sell or promote something -- a for-profit use.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #333
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Also, given your definition of "usage" -- the photos in question are posted on the internet, active on the website, 24/7. Even when the pages aren't accessed every day, by your definition, they would be "in use" because they're an active part of the site. For a photo to be "not used" every day, it would have to be put up and taken down with some frequency. Pageviews don't determine "being used", its simple availability online does.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #334
Chris Anderson
Quote:
Yes, they do, but unless they are going to take and use their own photos, they have to obtain permission from the copyright holder of the photographs to legally use them. For commercial purposes, most photographers charge for use.

As far as the possibility of Mr. Crespo paying me my standard rate for use of my images on his site to sell animals in order to make right on his theft of service, he has decided not to. Thus it appears he has not only knowingly committed copyright infringement but also theft of service.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!