Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #31
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Your policy should be not to use other's images without their express permission BEFOREHAND, thus negating the issue in the first place. Your current policy is of the mentality that it's OK to break the law until you're caught.

That, sir, has got to be the most asinine 'argument' that I have ever read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
No worries Robert this thread is here for the reptile community to consider before they support your less than scrupulous business practices.

One could only assume that you supply an equally inferior product based on your continued deceptive practices when it comes to the law. It is obvious one could expect less than honest dealings with you and your company based on your own admission.

Ignorance is no excuse sir.
I understand that ignorance is no excuse and I am complying with everyone's legitimate requests. However, to assume that my business and my dealers are less than honest is insulting. We are talking about image usage here and the last time I checked it was not on the same level as murder, bank robbery, or violent crime. I actually think it's is sad and pathetic that so many of you waste your valuable time scouring the internet for "copy write" infringement. I am mean, come on, don't you folks have better things to do with your time? I know I do, it's called running a company and keeping my customers happy.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #32
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
I understand that ignorance is no excuse and I am complying with everyone's legitimate requests. However, to assume that my business and my dealers are less than honest is insulting. We are talking about image usage here and the last time I checked it was not on the same level as murder, bank robbery, or violent crime. I actually think it's is sad and pathetic that so many of you waste your valuable time scouring the internet for "copy write" infringement. I am mean, come on, don't you folks have better things to do with your time? I know I do, it's called running a company and keeping my customers happy.
You sir are less than honest and insulting. Your own words speak for themselves.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
TheFragginDragon
Quote:

Guess what...we are doing better things with our time, trying to protect our community from sellers that misrepresent, scam, and defraud us.

BTW, it's 'copyright'....

Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #34
Focal
Quote:
I actually think it's is sad and pathetic that so many of you waste your valuable time scouring the internet for "copy write" infringement. I am mean, come on, don't you folks have better things to do with your time? I know I do, it's called running a company and keeping my customers happy.
I think it's pretty sad and pathetic that you waste your time browsing the internet looking for images to steal. I'd like to see your iPod too.

You've been made aware that you are breaking the law and upsetting others, yet you continue. You are what's wrong with this country.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #35
rjarosek
Really Graphic Design?????? and your company does the work.

Looks like he has a shovel and enough rope. WOW
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #36
lauraleellbp
Your cavalier attitude towards theft and misrepresentation will keep me personally from ever doing business with you. Doing something once out of ignorance is one thing. Continuing to do something you know is both illegal and insults the people who produced and own the animals whose photos you are using to falsely represent your own animals- members of the same herping community and possible customers and suppliers- is IMO inexcusable.

You can consider it an overreaction if you want, but to me it's an integrity issue.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #37
Chris Anderson
Robert,

Copyright infringement may not be on the same level as murder or violent crime, but it is theft and you know as well as everyone here that indicating that copyright infringement is no worse than failing to ask an animal for permission to photograph them is completely bogus. In my book knowingly and repeatedly conducting practices that amount to theft does not speak highly of your ethics, business or otherwise. I would not want to conduct business with a thief or someone with the ethics to continue such practices until they are caught rather than correct their illegal activities on their own.

Photographers put time, money and effort into their photos. Just because you lack the skill or talent to produce your own photographs that you are proud of is no excuse for marginalizing the efforts and work of those whose photos you are stealing by indicating that copyrights are silly.

Chris

Old 06-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #38
Chris Anderson
Ryan,

His facebook profile picture appears to helps explain a lot about his confusion as to why photographs are protected by copyright and why blatant and repeated copyright infringement draws his credibility and ethics into question, don't you think?

Chris

Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
urbanjungles
Conman...

This guy is a scammer waiting to happen, I can tell by his jargon...

Our email exchange starting from the bottom.
Thanks for the heads up Charles! You rock.

Danny,

I have removed both of those images already about an hour or so ago. As far as using other peoples images, I have a real mixed bag on my website. Many images are from customers who give them to me of their own free will (usually pictures they take of their own animals). Other images are from Wiklipedia.org that are listed as public domain and thereby not covered by DMCA rules, while other images were uploaded by a contractor who worked with my company uploading missing images on my website. That contractor did not follow my express instructions on gathering only free or public domain images, which ultimately was my fault for not thoroughly checking this contractors work. So in theory, yes, I should be removing all images that I do not have express permission to us. However, at this point, I can't remember, nor do I have an easy or quick way of tracking which is which, that is, which are the legal usage images verses the non-legal usage images. Therefore, I will work on a case-by-case basis when violations that I am unaware of come up. So, cleaning up my site of all non-authorized images will be an ongoing process. And of course anyone is free to send me a photo requesting how I can use it with the proper copy write notification.

Thank you,
Robert Crespo
http://www.ReptilesNCritters.com

On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Danny Mendez wrote:

You should probably start by removing all images that don't belong to you as many people are finding their images on your site which is dishonest since you are trying to represent animals you don't have. Please remove these images immediately.

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/col...-tree-boa.html

http://www.reptilesncritters.com/red...-tree-boa.html

On Jun 1, 2011, at 11:53 AM, ReptilesNCritters.com wrote:

Danny,

I will be happy to honor your request. If you would be so helpful as to paste the exact page of the offending image I would appreciate. I am not sure which images of the Red and Yellow Tree Amazon Tree Boas you mean as I have several of them in my website and servers.

Looking forward to the links you provide so that I can remove the offending images.

Thank you,
Robert Crespo
http://www.ReptilesNCritters.com

Old 06-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #40
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
Your cavalier attitude towards theft and misrepresentation will keep me personally from ever doing business with you. Doing something once out of ignorance is one thing. Continuing to do something you know is both illegal and insults the people who produced and own the animals whose photos you are using to falsely represent your own animals- members of the same herping community and possible customers and suppliers- is IMO inexcusable.

You can consider it an overreaction if you want, but to me it's an integrity issue.
Are you overreacting? That's a matter of opinion. In my opinion you are, but to the small inner sanctum of the reptile community I am some kind of evil to be beaten. I mean come on? Are you people all for real? Is it that much of a serious "integrity" issue? Most of these images, with the exception of a small minority were either given to me, or are in the public domain. The remainder of any offending images will be removed in good time and at my own pace. And how, I might ad, do I "falsely represent" my own animals when in most cases I have express permission to use these images on my website? Just because I do not have the animals in my possession, does not mean that I cannot or should not use them. The images on my website serve merely as representational display images of the animals for sale and my customers know full well that the images of the animals on my website are not of the actual animals for sale. This is my way of doing business and it has served my customers and my business very well. So to recap, I do not agree with your value judgement, which is really your own subjective values being forced upon myself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!