Bad Guy Reptilesncritters.com - Thieves - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #61
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
It really doesn't take that much of an investment of time or money to take and use your own photos.
You can only do that when you're actually selling something you have in stock. When you flip items you have never (and will never) see in person, it's nearly impossible to represent it honestly, which is why you have to resort to stealing photos of high quality animals to lure customers into a sale.

Out of his OWN MOUTH... he:

- doesn't upload any of the images
- doesn't write any of the species descriptions or scientific names
- doesn't handle any of the animals he sells
- doesn't ship any of the animals he sells
- doesn't manage the content of his own website

I'm wonder what, exactly, he DOES do... for a guy that's so busy he can't delete photos proactively, he sure seems to NOT do a lot of stuff...

All this fantastic business acumen AND based in Brooklyn... I'm surprise he isn't running a camera/electronics site too...

Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #62
Chris Anderson
Hmmm...by your own admission back in 2007 you yourself were "borrowing" photos from other sites to replace the ones you got called out for using in violation of copyright.

Quote:
from ReptilesNCritters.com support@reptilesncritters.com
to Chris Anderson <cva3@cornell.edu>
date Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 4:31 PM
subject Re: wiedersheimi
hide details 12/22/07
Chris Anderson, sorry about my "law breaking ways." Of course I will remove the photo if you have a problem with it. Do you know of any places I can "borrow" a decent photo from?

Thank you,
Robert Crespo
ReptilesNCritters.com
Chris

Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #63
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo72 View Post
why is what I write to someone in private NOT protected, and can be freely distributed to all, but the "creation" by someone in the form of a photograph is protected?
If you had done even a smidge of research into the law you find out for yourself what the law says about these two situations. Obviously, checking the law is not one of your strong points, hence, this thread

You want to be fed like a baby in a high chair, and have US do the work to tell you the legalities.

Considering some of your answers at the beginning of the thread, I bet you have not in fact seen the light and are instead simply trying to put a spin on.

Heck NO I wouldn't buy anything from you after reading some of the garbage you've put on a plate and served to people here.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #64
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
As it's easy to see from other BOI threads about your business dating at least back to 2008 citing the exact same issue, time will tell if you actually WILL take responsibility this time around. Or if you'll just go right back to your habitual behavior (or lack of oversight- same difference) as soon as "the heat is off."

I personally find it hard to believe it was a single subcontractor who has been taking these photos from other places and repeatedly posting them on your site for three years now.

It still sounds to me like you have zero respect for the breeders and owners whose work you are effectively taking credit for and stealing by using their photos to represent your own stock, you see this all as some minor technicality. Perhaps you do have your customers' permission to use their photos, but given the irresponsible attitude you've displayed about the entire issue to date in this thread, I personally have my own doubts on that point.

It really doesn't take that much of an investment of time or money to take and use your own photos.
lauraleellbp, it's actually incredibly time consuming to source photos for some of the more harder to find critters. Since I do not own the stock I am selling, I do not have access to the animals to take proper photographs of. My weakness has been in relying on my customers and anonymous fans in sending to me what I thought were their own photos. To be fair and balanced, not everything on my website is an images that has been used without permission. I literally have hundreds of images that are permission based because they are my suppliers images or my customers legitimate images.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #65
Lucille
Quote:
My weakness has been in relying on my customers and anonymous fans in sending to me what I thought were their own photos.
Translation:

"I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar so now I am going to make all this mess the fault of my customers"

Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #66
crespo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
Hmmm...by your own admission back in 2007 you yourself were "borrowing" photos from other sites to replace the ones you got called out for using in violation of copyright.

Chris
Chris, what can I say? I am only human and make mistakes from time to time like the rest of humanity.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #67
Amelanistic Orca
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Translation:

"I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar so now I am going to make all this mess the fault of my customers"
Bingo!!!! Yahtzee!! What do we have for her Johnny!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #68
Lucille
Quote:
I actually think it's is sad and pathetic that so many of you waste your valuable time scouring the internet for "copy write" infringement. I am mean, come on, don't you folks have better things to do with your time?
Quote:
Chris, what can I say? I am only human and make mistakes from time to time like the rest of humanity.

Spin doctor par excellence

Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #69
crespo72
Let me set the record straight with the wise cracking Mister Internet:

[quote=Mister Internet;1292077]You can only do that when you're actually selling something you have in stock. When you flip items you have never (and will never) see in person, it's nearly impossible to represent it honestly, which is why you have to resort to stealing photos of high quality animals to lure customers into a sale.

Out of his OWN MOUTH... he:

- doesn't upload any of the images FALSE I upload 100% of the photo on the website.
- doesn't write any of the species descriptions or scientific names False I write the species names as I see them on my suppliers price list.
- doesn't handle any of the animals he sells TRUE I handle the very time consuming aspects of customer service, marketing, answer phones, and website maintenance.
- doesn't ship any of the animals he sells TRUE My supplier ship the animals in my behalf.
- doesn't manage the content of his own website FALSE I manage all the content. I have a freelance writer who writes my care guides and I write many of the the animal descriptions.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #70
Lucille
Quote:
and I write many of the the animal descriptions.
I bet they are great descriptions, after all, the descriptions are based on some of the best (stolen) images in the industry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!