Can you give me some tips? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Tonytheliger
Can you give me some tips?

Hello everyone, my name is Anthony. I will be buying some ball pythons soon, with plans on breeding. I was thinking of buying a female spinner, and a male super pastel, both adults or sub adults, so I can breed sooner. But I noticed that this made prices go waaay higher! I really didnt think it would be that much of a difference. Whats the lowest you think i can spend on a female spinner, sub-adult?

Should I start like that? Or should I just buy a female spinner and another female and wait? Even though 2-3 years seems so long -_-.

My budget for the snakes is 1000$

Suggestions and advice welcome! thank you (:

Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
NIGRO51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonytheliger View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Anthony. I will be buying some ball pythons soon, with plans on breeding. I was thinking of buying a female spinner, and a male super pastel, both adults or sub adults, so I can breed sooner. But I noticed that this made prices go waaay higher! I really didnt think it would be that much of a difference. Whats the lowest you think i can spend on a female spinner, sub-adult?

Should I start like that? Or should I just buy a female spinner and another female and wait? Even though 2-3 years seems so long -_-.

My budget for the snakes is 1000$

Suggestions and advice welcome! thank you (:
I will go ahead and hope that you already have housing, substrate, water bowls and food for your project. Also "you get what you pay for" is the absolute truth when it comes to ball pythons so keep that in mind. A low quality snake will on most cases produce low quality offspring and not command a high price. Thus is not the place to get rich quick so I would suggest picking up females and raising them to gain more experience in the hobby. That also makes it that much sweeter when it pays off.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
NorthernRegius.com
Assuming you are all set up for the snakes- Since you're talking co-doms, why not get a nice BIG normal or Pastel adult girl? Get the BEST Spinner boy you can find & raise him up in 12-18 months & produce? You'll still get a nice clutch & experience. AND it gives you time to find some buyers...

Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
radera5
I would spend that $1000 on the best looking $2000 snake I can get a deal on.
QUALITY!!!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Tonytheliger
Thats a good idea Northern Regius. Yes i have a 10 tub rack system, substrate, water bowls, and food (: I also heard that if i get 2 baby females I can get more male for my buck later. What do you guys think?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
mgoblue347
Get two solid females, raise them up a year then get a nice male that way they are all ready to breed around the same time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!