gravis? please help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
travisjara
Lightbulb gravis? please help

This is my female leopard gecko her belly looks like it has eggs in it but its been about three weeks from when i thought I saw eggs and she hasnt laid . so tell me if you think she looks gravid or not. Also she has seem to quit eating its been a couple of days but no real digging in her humidity hide so she has all the signs but no eggs yet and its starting to breach 4 weeks since i noticed. Not sure when she mated because i work at a local pet store and she was with a large male for about 2 weeks there but when i took her home my smaller tangerine male breed her but i noticed what i thought to be eggs a few days later anyways any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks, travis

Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
bandit42
its a little hard to tell from those pictures. But if you look at her when she is walking...if her belly is hanging she probably has eggs. It is no problem if its been 4 weeks i have heard of a female taking 6 weeks to lay 2 healthy eggs!! If she is gravid she will lay her eggs when she is ready. Hope this helped.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
travisjara
thanks for the info she looks to be bulging from the sides when she is walking which i thought to indicate eggs since they store the fat in their tail thanks for the info and ill keep my fingers crossed thanks

Old 06-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
lecoiskin
Actually they also store fat in their abdomen cavity, just bellow their uterus.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!