Bad Guy My experience with Underground Reptiles - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #201
Stephen917
Usually a good place!

Sorry to hear of your problems with them! Owners a real good dude and there animals are usually in great shape.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #202
knoxpython
Angry Another Perspective

I would like to bring up another point on this argument that has not been focused on thus far. Being a Health Inspector another issue that I would like to point out on the "secret recipe" mite killer is the bottle of product itself. Even if the mixture was totally benign, mixing it in with a bottle of who-knows-what could make that product toxic. What type of bottle did they send you the secret formula in? Was it a used bottle of some type of household cleaner, another pesticide, or some other type of dangerous chemical? Most benign chemicals mixed with something else can make a "toxic soup" and to me the bottle looks like a used bottle in the photos. Those of you who are stating that shipping unlabeled pesticides is against the law are 100% correct.
I also agree with most here that mites should not happen in this day and age, even on an imported animal. What does a bottle of PAM cost, $15.00? I think that would be worth not having angry customers. I have had the ill fortune of getting mite infested animals in the past and it really ticks me off as well. That alone should be grounds for a refund. Anyone who knowingly ships an animal full of mites obviously has no regard for the well being of that animal and should not be involved in this hobby.
Scott Bryan

Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #203
Piranha_Moose
I just read this thread. I'm definitely not going to be ordering any of those Crocodile Skinks they just posted. Has anybody actually contacted any government organizations about their mite killer? Just talking about how illegal it is doesn't really do anything if nobody notifies the feds.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #204
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha_Moose View Post
I just read this thread. I'm definitely not going to be ordering any of those Crocodile Skinks they just posted. Has anybody actually contacted any government organizations about their mite killer? Just talking about how illegal it is doesn't really do anything if nobody notifies the feds.
Worst idea ever. The feds don't like the trade as-is.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #205
Piranha_Moose
That doesn't mean you shouldn't inform them when people are mailing unlabeled chemicals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!