Bad Guy hboyles66(Hank Boyles & Melissa Bayles) Ripoff - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Elron
Angry hboyles66(Hank Boyles & Melissa Bayles) Ripoff

I responded to an ad that was on FaunaClassifieds.com in regards to a male snow boa, the ad belonged to a registered user by the screen name hboyles66 (Hank Boyles). We went back and front on the site FaunaClassifieds.com as well through Gmail. It was agreed that I would pay $600 shipping included for the male snow boa to be shipped over night That was on 4/9/2011, since then I haven't been able to get a hold of the seller and the boa I bought I haven't gotten. I have file a claim with PayPal and my card. The email's that where used are hboyles66@gmail.com & mbayles80@gmail.com
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
hboyles66
First of all I sent Elron an email to confirm shipping for Monday to be delivered Tuesday. I needed to make sure I could ship and that he would be home to sign for delivery. I got no response until he opened an dispute on paypal on Monday before he even heard from me. Second I clearly stated in my add that shipping wasn't a guarantee but I could ship just might be a little slower than others I don't ship that often. He told paypal that I didn't ship but he never returned my email asking to make sure he was going to be home Tuesday for delivery. I booked a Tuesday shipment but without his response I did not ship. He then sent a PM calling me a theif and that I really messed up. All within 3 days of payment. I have been very upfront about this situation. I wil ship when I can. It could be a delayed shipment now as I have some buisness to attend to. His lack of response to my request for comformation of someone being there to sign for this package has now caused a delay in shipment because I am out of town for 2 weeks. I will not hide from this but Elron needs to reply to my emails and make sure that he emails me at my email of hboyles66@gmail.com. Sorry for all the trouble but I have been doing my part to ensure proper shipment of the boa.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
RachelSS
Hmm. Looks like in some of the responses they wanted to hold it for the weather but they still should have made an attempt to respond to you.

also, to the seller, I don't think UPS allows ANY reptile shipments whatsoever, and if they don't then that's a violation of the Lacey Act... I think fedex is the only company allowing reptile shipments so just a heads up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
hboyles66
Yes the weather has been a little crasy for me to feel fully comfortable to ship. I have a friend helping me ship and after a little talking you are 100% caorrect that FED X is who I would have to use to ship. I have to use SYR.com to create the shipment. I did contact him about shipping but I got no response so it made me choose not to ship until I got a reply. The reply I recieved was fom paypal that he opened a dispute and a PM that I was a theif and I messed with the wrong guy. I took a day to responsed but I do have a job and his lack of response is why shipment was not done. There should be a little respect of me being up front aboput shipping and that I am a little picky shipping if the nights are a litle cold. I don't ship much so I may be a little more careful than others.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
RichsBallPythons
If all what you say is true, then refund his money and relist the snake for someone else and be done with the OP. Many ppl getting into hobby have buyers remorse once money is spent, thinking should i of bought this or that.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
hboyles66
Sorry for the jumbled words in my last post as it has been a long day and I am very tired but I figured I needed to adress this issue and make sure that the whole story is out there.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
hboyles66
I believe you are correct. I have contacted paypal to get the issue resolved.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
Mister Internet
Yikes, refund the OP and be done, I agree. He seems to be the type you will never make happy who wants everything on his terms or else... a HUGE overreaction within 3 days of payment!

I'm not saying the seller is in the right, but this timeframe is ridiculous...

Old 04-17-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
LauraB
Okay ... so 8 days ago the seller tells you in an email "I should be able to ship in the next 2 weeks" and you open a dispute and say you got ripped off?

The seller also posts here immediately, not ignoring the Bad Guy post you started, like most thieves and scammers do.

Like Tom, I'm also not saying the seller is in the right ... if you can't ship in a timely manner, you might want to hold off on advertising the animal until such time you can.

You also don't start a Bad Guy thread and label the seller/deal a "ripoff" until you really have been ripped off.

Refund the guy, Hank ... hold off on advertising until you're sure you can ship quickly, safely and legally. I'll betcha you won't have trouble selling that snake and making someone happy

Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #10
ceduke
Wow, don't sell to he OP here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
elronza williams