boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #51
ms_terese
It's nice to see some people getting refunds. Interest free, but what the hell.
Quote:
I just made him see the light....
I'm curious as to what his reasoning was prior to him "seeing the light". He felt he was not in the wrong? He felt people were trying to scam him? He felt it was ok to take money for items people didn't receive? I'm just wondering what Sal's thought process was prior to "seeing the light".

By the way, why isn't Sal here explaining himself?

I don't mean to be catty about this, because I do find it encouraging that Sal seems to be taking the right steps when it comes to some (well, one so far, but I'm optimistic) bad deals. I just would like to understand what made the difference.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:21 AM   #52
Otter_23
I e-mailed Sal after getting Neil's pm. I asked he refund to my email address through paypal which is the same e-mail address on my account. I have never received payment through paypal so I'm not sure how I would collect from them but hopefully soon I will have to figure it out.
Mark

Old 05-06-2005, 02:34 AM   #53
Otter_23
Heh Sal was quicker in refunding me than I have been in posting. Apparently while I was posting above he was refunding me. At this point our deal is resolved and done with. I have to say I'm very surprised with the speed. Thank you for taking care of this Sal. Also thanks Mike G. (I think you know why).
Mark Westberg

Old 05-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #54
The BoidSmith
Well I’m gladly surprised, and what’s fair is fair; well done Sal! I it can be disclosed, how much money was involved in your transaction Mark?

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM   #55
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I it can be disclosed
Sorry, it should say ..."If" it can be disclosed"...

Regards.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #56
The BoidSmith
Quote:
As far as most of the people on this site are concerned, it doesn't matter if he pays off every debt he owes (as I have)....
Sort of…

Quote:
There were TWO packages that I was being BILLED for on that UPS bill.... I only sent Brian ONE package with BOTH BABY snakes in it.... On the airbill which was attached to the box, in the memo section, I PLAINLY PUT, "hold at UPS office for pickup", as Brian had told me (when he first ordered the snakes) that he wouldn't be home for the pickup because he only went home for lunch.... it was ME that suggested to hold them at the UPS office for HIS pickup so they DIDN'T have to stay on his doorstep.... but, UPS screwed up and delivered them to his house anyway.... I did EVERYTHING I COULD to avoid a situation like this.... then, when SOMEONE ELSE stole the animals, this is what happens....
According to your post the carrier screwed-up and yet the customer was the one to pay the price. Do you think that now that things are looking brighter for Sal, maybe you can also “see the light” on that one.

So far: well done Sal, and also Neil for mediating.

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #57
khood
I am glad to see you received your refund Mark. I am not too optimistic that he will reach a settlement with me considering the dollar amount that was involved. I will, however, send an email to Sal concerning this and will let everyone now the outcome. He originally said that he was going to but then backed out on me. Hopefully, since Sal is settlling up with others, he will do so with me as well.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #58
khood
Just What I Thought

Sal has made it clear to me through his email that he has no intention of resolving any issues with our past deal. Instead of restating all the facts here, it can be seen in the post "Anyone dealt with Boca Reptiles". I do beleive Sal has only intentions of settling small debts and not the ones that go into the THOUSANDS. If you remember in the thread "Anyone dealt with Boca Reptlies" he says that Mark would never see a dime from him. At least he proved himself wrong there. Instead he continues to place the blame on me. I can truly say that I never did expect to see a dime from him. He blames me for the months it took me to contact him despite him moving to Florida without anyone knowing. Just check the BOI for all the people that tried to get in touch with him after he skipped. Anyway, I have put this deal to rest many months ago and will continue to go on with my life and my hobby. As far as Sal goes, he will get what he deserves in the end. He has proven to me that he has not changed his ways and will continue to do business the "Sal" way. He will not think twice about selling sick snakes and will blame the unfortunate buyer for any losses. I, for one, have learned a valuable lesson about all this this. I am thankful for the BOI, however, I wish I would have known about it before my transaction with Sal. Since that transaction, and through thorough researchi on the BOI, I have made many successful purchases from respectable breeders around the country without a single problem. It's unfortunate that we have these types of people in our hobby, but I guess it's the way of the world.

Kevin Hood

Old 05-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #59
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by khood
Sal has made it clear to me through his email that he has no intention of resolving any issues with our past deal. He blames me for the months it took me to contact him despite him moving to Florida without anyone knowing. Just check the BOI for all the people that tried to get in touch with him after he skipped.
Kevin Hood
Actually Kevin, there was ONE guy who not only KNEW where lil salito was but HELPED the scumbag to REMAIN HIDDEN despite the fact that his THEIVERY was NOT even remotely questionable.

Isn't that right gubitz?

Low dollar payoffs do NOT surprise me at all.

Hey scumito, er salito, you gonna pay up or just putz around, as is usual for you?

Ohhhhhhh, wait, that's right, I forgot, YOU don't have the stones to come HERE all by your lonesome. Got to get an OLD man to do it for you.

buc buc buckaw

Old 05-06-2005, 12:11 PM   #60
Chris@TSE
If he thinks paying one debt here and there is going to miraculously make his reputation fade away, he's wrong.....

Tell him to start speaking up once ALL his debts have been paid and he can prove it. Otherwise, he's wasting his time thinking he's going to pull of any sort of legitimate business without catching flak. No matter the name he operates under, each one will crash and burn in series until this is done..... He knows it. It's nice to see him wasting time and money on each new one though.... Quite hillarious actually.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread