boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #71
Wilomn
I was wondering if anyone other than me smelled that fishy smell.

Just GO AWAY scumito. You and your friends, the ones who HIDE criminals from those whose MONEY, time and pride have been STOLEN will NEVER change.

It seems I'm not the only one with a long memory.

AHAHahahhahahahahAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahAHAHahaHahahA HaHaHah

You are Pathetic.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #72
Mike Greathouse
I think some of the people here are not seeing the forest for the trees.

It is counter-productive to try and chase Sal away with name-calling and juvenile taunts. In the one week's time that Sal attempted to make good on his debts through this forum, two people who were deserving of refunds, now have those refunds. Why would we want to jeopardize the possibility of any other deserving individuals from enjoy the same compensation.

Will Sal change his ways and become a "Good Guy" in this business? Only time will tell. But if for the moment, he is at least willing to make an effort, why would anyone try and discourage that.

In my mind, his motives are even less important.
Regardless of whether it is a revelation in his life, a reaction to peer pressure, or even a veiled attempt to improve his name for the benefit of his business, the bottom line is this: people are getting paid back on old debts.

I think it is also a lot to expect that Sal could repay everyone he owes in a short period of time. Few people in this business would have the type of disposable income to entertain such a undertaking.

I suggest we cut the man a little slack and let him continue on his current path. If he falters again, so be it. But if he even makes restitution to one more person, at least that person will think that this was worthwhile.

If he honestly wants to turn his business around, who are we to try and stop him!

Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #73
gila7150
Mike, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and you make some good points. However, I think Sal's attempt to make his customers come here and plead for their refunds so he can decide whether to give them back their own money is pathetic. Sal knows who he ripped off and how to get ahold of them. If he was a decent human being these customers would be receiving funds in their Paypal accounts and a private apology from Sal.

Sal refunded two customers relatively small amounts of money. When a customer with a larger amount surfaced he was told he wasn't getting a dime. Sal says he can take the heat but then he vanishes when a few people were skeptical of him.

We all mistakes and we all have deals that don't go well but Sal is different. He is a thief who has repeatedly ran off with people's money without any intention of delivering the goods or services they payed for. He has ripped people off with four different companies and is now starting his 5th. Someone like that is not deserving of a yet another chance in my opinion. I really don't think my words are costing anyone their refunds and I don't believe we should have to turn into Sal cheerleaders to get him to do the right thing.
It was his mommy's job to coddle him and teach him right from wrong.

I'll shut up for a while anyway though and see if he crawls back out from under his rock to shell out a few more bucks

Old 05-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #74
Mike Greathouse
Chris,
I'm not suggesting that we nominate Sal for "Man of the Year", or even forgive him. Only time and Sal's actions will determine where he goes with this. It's completely in his court now.

What I am saying is that I feel that the most productive thing from the standpoint of the people here, is to let it play out without the constant harassment and name-calling. Some of the people with the loudest voices on this thread are not even owed any money by Sal.

I agree with you that the actions so far by Sal (including the refunds) appear to be self-serving. I, for one, don't care about his motives. I am not a cheerleader for Sal and have never had any dealings with him. But if he can turn things around and pay people back (even if it's just one more person) - I will support it.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #75
Wilomn
He should have paid back everyone he owed BEFORE he came into the ownership of all those morphs he's supposed to have.

His priorities suck and I don't think anything I say will have any effect on him paying or not paying anyone as I believe he fully intends to NOT pay most of the folks he's stolen from.

I pondered it before I posted, thought about his track record and figured he was just as full of it THIS time as he was ALL the OTHER times he's COME CLEAN.

Sure, even I, to whom he owes NOTHING, would like to see him make good. I'd like to see pigs fly too and figure I'll see flying bacon LONG before sal pays back what he owes.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #76
pch101
Ummmm Bacon....

Old 05-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #77
Mike Greathouse
Everyone has their opinion on this, and every other thread regarding Sal, and I have no desire to change them. I am not trying to champion Sal or minimize any of his previous actions. I'm simply stating that I feel that we should keep it civil and adult and give him the opportunity to continue with his current course.

I don't think any of us really disagree on this, it's just becomes very easy to get drawn into the feeding frenzy. Unfortunately, when this happens, we all of sudden end up with 10 pages of comedy, drama, & warning points.

Of course, it does help to keep Rich off of the streets at night!

Old 06-13-2005, 01:48 AM   #78
critical bill
Boca Morphs

Sal just bid and won a few auctions I had up on reptileauction.com. Not that he won these auctions with the serious intent of purchasing them, but serious or not I have refused the sale and explained to Sal why. I am sure in light of the recent attention I have given Sal on another thread he feels this is the best way to extract revenge....by disrupting my auctions.

Below is a copy of my reply to his winning bid notifications.

-------------------------------------
Date: 06/13/05 01:32:46
To: bocamorphs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Reptibid Auction #1118760448, 1118756338, 1118758891

Hello Sal,

Not that I firmly believe you've placed these winning bids with the intentions of honoring them, but I could not accept any money from you knowing full well that money belongs back in the hands of the people you've had "accounting problems" with. I guess we can safely add that you're not a bona fide educator or scientist purchasing the turtles for educational purposes or research.

I have no intention of pursuing this with you other than to inform the webmaster why I will not honor your winning bids. I am sure he will be understanding in light of your very public financial affairs. In addition, your favorite place and favorite people will also be made aware that I have refused the sale.

Good luck in getting things settled...

Chuck
A Keepers Choice
-----------------------------------------------

Its not that I dont like money but....I could not accept money from Sal when he owes so many people for so long. I couldnt and I wouldnt sell him a cricket.

His reptileauction.com username for those who do not know it is I81u812. Very original.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:40 AM   #79
Living Art Reptiles
Hi Chuck,

Good for you! Take care.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:59 AM   #80
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Its not that I dont like money but....I could not accept money from Sal when he owes so many people for so long. I couldnt and I wouldnt sell him a cricket.

His reptileauction.com username for those who do not know it is I81u812. Very original.
Bravo Chuck. If more people had this kind of standard, it would have a lot better effect on these types of people. Seeing as how it is proven time and again, that people will continue to buy from these sorts, at least they would be effected on both sides of the equation. It would make it harder for them to have stock to sell to the people, who regardless of how big a scammer they are will still purchase from them, if the deal is right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread