I want your local reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
natimus
I want your local reptiles

Swanee's exotics is growing and we need people in your area to collect reptiles

looking to find local reptiles and amphibians/wild caught.(legal)

top dollar paid

looking for salamanders,newts,geckos, frogs,toads,Tortoise and turtles. maybe some snakes wanted!
herp herps newts frog toad gecko lizard salamander snake

http://www.swaneesexotics.com

Those interested should email me at nate@swaneesexotics.com
for further information, please withhold any negative feedback. I get enough from craigslist.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
critical bill
Hold back the negative feedback? I cant hold back my laughter.

"possible animals for sale soon"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Keep encouraging people to rape wildlife so that you can profit from it and you're going to agitate some folks around here.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Tim Cole
Thumbs down The fact

that he wants to sell Green Iguanas sets the tone.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
natimus
and why Tim does that "set the tone" ?
perhaps if you knew the demand here in Washington you'd understand
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
U_GU_GU_TLANUWA
What they are saying is that there are so many people have taken from the wild, that where animals were once common are now very scarce....Collecting wild animals is not the way to go any more,most of us want captive bred and born, plus by doing so they are allready eating,and have no problems acclimating to a new enviroment.......Most of us have also gotten wild caught ourselves, but have also realized that it is more of a problem getting them to eat and acclimale than what it is worth.....Buying captive bred and born is so much easier.......I don't feel that the money is worth the problems that come with the wild caught animals, let alone the depleation of animals in there natural range.....Just my thoughts.......

Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
critical bill
Very good thoughts Andy.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Wilomn
Looks like someone got hold of a wholesale list. Are rubber boas legal to sell in Wa.?

Do you have any idea what the percentage is of baby iguanas sold that are still alive even 1 year after sale? How about 2 years? 5 years? Did you know that a healthy iguana can live over 20 years?

Wildcaught can make you money. So can robbing a liquor store.

Most here would rather purchase CBB or CB.

Finding founder stock or bringing in new bloodlines are great and sometimes wildcaught is the only way to go.

Wholesale decimation of populations is not so cool though and that is what happens when wholesalers get supplied with wildcaught specimens.

Maybe you're new and just didn't know.

Now you do.

What you do next will have an effect on your reputation and business.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
Tim Cole
Thumbs down Green Iguanas are EVIl creatures

that get dumped more than any other herp. 19 out of 20 will bite, scratch, whip tail, and run away. They DO NOT make GOOD herp pets. Not to mention the get 5-6 feet long and your average Joe public will not care for it properly.

Having grown up keeping Iguanas and doing rescues for the last 20 years qualifies me to voice these strong facts and opinions.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
that get dumped more than any other herp. 19 out of 20 will bite, scratch, whip tail, and run away. They DO NOT make GOOD herp pets. Not to mention the get 5-6 feet long and your average Joe public will not care for it properly.

Having grown up keeping Iguanas and doing rescues for the last 20 years qualifies me to voice these strong facts and opinions.
Supply in demand, Tim. He's just another scumbum out to make quick cash.

I'm just glad these kind of scumbums don't make it so hard for folks like us to weed them out.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #10
natimus
you're a douchebag, someone ought to tell you that to your face.

I paid good money so i could post here, why don't you complain to someone else.

p.s. you should move out of your moms house CHUCK!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread