Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #91
hypocamaro
I have read nothing good about how "Flippers" are acceptable. I purchased the red tail boa from you at a show in South Carolina. Its just funny how you go to a show with 4 tables full of reptiles and you only produced about 5% of the animals on your table and you are only a flipper but when the same amount of reptiles can be on someone else's table then they are a wholesaler.

I also remember at that show you had a bunch of rodents that you did not produce that you were selling at wholesale.

0.1 2013 CB Emerald Tree Boa, tame $1200 w/ cage $1400 firm
6.3 2015 Normal Colombian Boas, $75 each
0.2 2014 Hog Island Boas, pure $300 each
1.1 2014 Costa Rican Boas, $200 each -SOLD
4.0 2014 Desert/Splendida King Snakes, $50 each
2.0 2014 Fire Corn Snakes, $100 each
9.1 2014 Bubblegum Snow Corn Snakes, $75 each/ $90 female
1.0 DH Purple/GS Retic, $600
0.1 Graniteback Retic, $700
1.2 Sunfire Retics, $250

So out of 37 animals on your list you produced 9? Seems like a wholesaler to me.

If bugs me that you say that since he is a wholesaler that means he is crap. Some people say the same about flippers right? Again, I bet, in your eyes you are the exception.

The point I am trying to make is that not all flippers are bad and not all wholesalers are bad. You are too quick to label them that way. Some of the best reptile purchases I have made are from flippers and wholesalers. Some of the worst from big breeders. Try to get away from the quick stereotyping.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #92
nickolasanastasiou
I do not see what it matters whether a person is a small-scale breeder, a large-scale breeder, a reseller, a wholesaler, or some combination of multiple roles. There are good and bad of all of these categories and one is not inherently superior to the other. What matters is the care one takes (or provides).

Old 06-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #93
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I do not see what it matters whether a person is a small-scale breeder, a large-scale breeder, a reseller, a wholesaler, or some combination of multiple roles. There are good and bad of all of these categories and one is not inherently superior to the other. What matters is the care one takes (or provides).
Agrees

Old 06-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #94
Snake-Queen
Again, this is not about me.

However, I must address your statement about only 5% being ones I produced ... which is false. Regardless if I produced it or not, it is treated like I did and gets the same care as my stock and breeders. At reptile shows, I take animals from friends to sell (no profit to me) and I am completely honest about where all my animals come from.

I have never heard a good thing about Suncoast ... a local pet store has ordered stock from them and the quality & health of the animals was abysmal. I did not say all wholesalers or flippers were bad, just Suncoast.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #95
imabirdmom
So I have to tell you this guy left a message about me recently on Fauna a full year later warning others not to do business with me because I complain about doing business with people on Fauna. I've done tons of business both on Fauna and other sites. I complained because I had a legitimate issue with how he shipped to me. Now a year later we have decided that the Cherry Heads are not as happy in our too warm herp room as they could be so we have put them up for sale. He has is wife Terri contact me to BUY them from me. I didn't recognize the email address but after they paid and it said Suncoast Reptile Distributors I knew it was them so I asked her in our text why she didn't say she was affiliated with Kevin Olybrich and she said she wasn't! LIARS!! I explained that these came from them and she said she didn't know anything about that she's just the buyer. RIIIGGGHHHTTT she's just the employee of some HUGE operation and works in another department. These people are not legit folks. They employ crappy cheap dangerous shipping practices with ZERO concern for the animals inside and are sneaky and dishonest on the other side. Plus bad mouthing me then wanting to do business with me??? Are you kidding?? I won't even sell to FL now because I'm afraid he'll end up with them. They survived one shipping experience in and unpadded uninsulated USED usps box with him I think they spent all their luck that time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!