Bad Guy Crappy Shipping Practices-Kevin Olbrych owner Suncoast Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #71
hypocamaro
0.1 2013 CB Emerald Tree Boa, tame $1200 w/ cage $1400 firm
6.3 2015 Normal Colombian Boas, $75 each
0.2 2014 Hog Island Boas, pure $300 each
1.1 2014 Costa Rican Boas, $200 each -SOLD
4.0 2014 Desert/Splendida King Snakes, $50 each
2.0 2014 Fire Corn Snakes, $100 each
9.1 2014 Bubblegum Snow Corn Snakes, $75 each/ $90 female
1.0 DH Purple/GS Retic, $600
0.1 Graniteback Retic, $700
1.2 Sunfire Retics, $250

@ SnakeQuenn
This is from your facebook page.
Of these animals which did you produce?

Old 06-07-2015, 03:06 AM   #72
dhct301
I ordered from kevin 3 different times and all my turtles were shipped well protected and insulated. Kevin has been on here for years and never a bad post. I would recommend him every time. He ships when he says allows plenty of time for payment plans.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:46 AM   #73
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Do you only sell animals that you produce? I know for a fact you do not. I have purchased a red tail boa from you at a show and you told me that you did not produce it and you purchased them for resale. So that makes you a wholesaler, in your words, by your definition, you being they "have no concern for anything other than the bottom dollar." <--- your words

Saying things like this discredits the BOI. Do all wholesalers only care about money? Are all wholesalers bad? If so then you are also bad, or, are you perhaps the exception.

Furthermore,
You are bold to talk so bluntly about someone whom you will probably see at Reptile shows. Just my .02
Do you understand what wholesale means? Selling individual animals at market price (not in mass quantity like a wholesaler) is not wholesaling.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #74
snakesareawesome
Why doesn't this guy just ship properly geesh.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #75
imabirdmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhct301 View Post
I ordered from kevin 3 different times and all my turtles were shipped well protected and insulated. Kevin has been on here for years and never a bad post. I would recommend him every time. He ships when he says allows plenty of time for payment plans.
Well we have multiple shipments using USPS boxes turned inside out with no insulation in fact NOTHING to protect the tortoises from temps or crushing and we have turtles that arrived dead shipped as I stated. Not sure what you did to deserve the VIP treatment but my video shows EXACTLY how my tiny babies arrived. Hell I would have paid $10 extra dollars if he can't afford to buy reptile boxes. I suspect FedEx and him are going to be either parting ways or he's going to be under more scrutiny soon. Got tired of waiting for them to act so contact F&W and The Humane Society both of whom are familiar with Mr. Olbrych on other issues. I am so not done with this.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #76
gila7150
Quote:
Got tired of waiting for them to act so contact F&W and The Humane Society
I understand your frustration but contacting the HSUS is not productive. They'll only use any information you send them to lobby against responsible reptile owners. HSUS is no better than PETA and if it was up to them you wouldn't have the right to own your tortoises whether you care for them properly or not.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #77
45lcrevolver
^^^^^this is very true.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #78
NocturnalNature
^^^^^ Agreed.
More ammunition for their cause.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:44 AM   #79
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabirdmom View Post
... I suspect FedEx and him are going to be either parting ways or he's going to be under more scrutiny soon. Got tired of waiting for them to act so contact F&W and The Humane Society both of whom are familiar with Mr. Olbrych on other issues. I am so not done with this.
I understand your frustration, given the last two shipments you've received and posted about. I also agree that Kevin/Suncoast did not ship in accordance to SYR's standards, FedEx standards, or even freakin common sense standards relative to keeping animals safe and secure during shipment. Any animal that suffers due to negligence by it's keeper/breeder is completely unacceptable. Those keepers/breeders/sellers should absolutely be exposed and avoided.

However, do you really think that bringing even more attention to an already beleaguered and misunderstood hobby/industry is helpful?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #80
Billy1138
Imabirdmom, do you realize that the HSUS wants none of us to be allowed to have any of our reptiles as pets at all? That is their ultimate agenda.. It is littered all over our community.

Contacting them about one businesses poor shipping practices adds fuel to their fire...and a worse case scenario that none of us can ever receive a reptile in the mail, no matter how wonderfully packaged they are

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!