Bad Guy UPS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
sjsexotics
UPS

I am so pissed and frusterated. I bought around 2,000 lobster roaches off of here and they were shipped to me ups. I thought they were being shipped overnight but they got shipped ground and ups confiscated the package and has been holding it for two weeks now!!! they will not tell me anything at all because I am not the shipper so the shipper has been talking to them and they told him they are still looking into weather it is legal to ship them and they will to release them to me untill they figure it out. Well I think two weeks is long enough come on now I dont even know now how many will actually still be in the box let alone alive. I am so pissed that was a lot of money spent to get nothing and the shipper is now trying to tell me that ups is telling him they are illegal in my state I am in california and have had them shipped by big bug breeders and never heard of that I think it is bs any help thanks

Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
brd7666
You need to check your state laws about them. Some roaches are illegal in some states. I don't know what is right in this case, but you need to find out for your own sake.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Magic Merlin
How did they know what was in the box? I have shipped lots of lobster roaches to CA and never had any problems......I remember your inquirey several weeks ago, sorry I did not earn your business.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
RichsBallPythons
UPS does random box checks. If it feels warm,cold or smells they usually automatically check it.

I shipped a box of Frozen mice and on the tracking said stopped for box check. And they held the box and destroyed it due to having dry ice in it. Which someone there clearly didnt know dry ice is allowed to be shipped when under 5lbs.

Anyways might be a idiot employee that thought your not allowed to do this. It happens and nothing you can do. Thats why its random

Old 04-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Iraqvet
I have known a few people who worked for UPS..When it comes to shipping certain animals,and in this case roaches,they can find out within minutes if its ok or not.I guess they went on one long union break.Sounds like people have already said they have shipped them with no problems..Two weeks wait time on a simple answer is rediculous..Even in a bad economy people who make good money like them still take their jobs for granite and dont do it right....

Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Amelanistic Orca
I just recently had a "random" box check.. It was quite interesting, box m.i.a. for two days and then a call from UPS "head of security!" It was an interesting shipment.. Never had one like that, it was from here in az. to michigan.. And, I must admit.. I thought a nice female mojave ball python at 600 grams and lovin life was in some serious stuff.. I thought it may have been some "new law", "thin line", type of deal, but the customer of mine had to drive two hours to get the pack and she was fine, all that really mattered, but I am seriously weary of UPS after that.. They are definitely scanning packs.. Yes.... Thermo, xray, cut right open, oh yeah!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I shipped a box of Frozen mice and on the tracking said stopped for box check. And they held the box and destroyed it due to having dry ice in it. Which someone there clearly didnt know dry ice is allowed to be shipped when under 5lbs.
You have to declare that there is dry ice in the shipment on the airbill and label the box.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
You have to declare that there is dry ice in the shipment on the airbill and label the box.
I know the laws and it was printed on the box according to FAA regulations. But UPS hub said its not allowed but clearly was.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I know the laws and it was printed on the box according to FAA regulations. But UPS hub said its not allowed but clearly was.
Then they were just screw-ups that don't even know what they can and cannot ship. Actually.....that's not all that surprising.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
spyder79
UPS is one of the worst shipping companies I have ever had to deal with (short of USPS). I spent 2 hours in a UPS hub trying to explain to the woman what a bearded dragon was cause they stopped a shipment at the end of its trek (made it from california to the UPS local to me in NC and got stopped). They kept thinking it was a crocodile or venomous or a snake

They certainly employ some "scholars"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!