High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 43 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiryฎ

Notices

Board of Inquiryฎ This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #421
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Yep! That's definetely him! Truck and all! And yes... he does know a lot about caring for herps. It's the honesty and people skills he's got issues with!

The plot thickens.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #422
Griz
Ben, don't you know that this is just another coincidence? I mean, how many tall, dark, weather worned, half hispanic/half indian men are there that drive a white duelly? Good grief, how can anyone deny who this individual is? Oh, that's right, he's a nice guy so that automatically means he can't be Damon.....

Griz

Old 01-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #423
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Ben, don't you know that this is just another coincidence? I mean, how many tall, dark, weather worned, half hispanic/half indian men are there that drive a white duelly?
With manual transmission and gears that grind in reverse....

Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM   #424
Dave Lawson
fuscusking13, Let me ask you something. If you go to one of my ads and you see a super neon bright orange burm with a totaly white head and the price is $1,000 and you buy it. Well when it arrives at you house and you open the bag and out comes a everyday run of the mill albino burm that is a dull faded orange and normal head that you can get anywhere for $150, would you be mad and call me nasty name and demand your cash back? Well that is what happens when people doctor photos. But if you would be happy with the snake and not be upset......Give me a call I have some snakes for you and if you buy a 10 lot I will sell them for $900 ea.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #425
fuscusking13
I have taken the wrong way here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

I haven't taken issue with you in regards to your good experience with HEH. I will here. You are trying to rationalize doctoring pictures as something that is legitimate. It is not! Slim to no chance anyone would consider doing business with someone that believes this is an acceptable practice to sell an animal. Anyone that alters the appearance of their animal to make the sell has a serious character flaw. Just as anyone defending the practice. It is hard enough to determine the good guys to do business with online. We don't need people in this hobby defending deceptive practices.
All I was trying to say is that whether it is right or wrong to change mess with completely alter pics, to point the finger in the way it has been is a little much. We all have our quirks and problems and little lies. In this case I have seen no one negatively affected by this lie, be it wrong or right. I never said I agree with doing it, just that I think everyone is over reacting a bit. If someone doesnt know that a snake doesnt look that bright then I truly dont believe they are ready for the responsibility that comes with owning a large constrictor. These are animals that can and do kill people, and usually ignorant ones as they do not take proper precausions. So there is just as much responsibility on a buyer to be informed as it is for the seller to be honest. As much as I like Dave, and as absolutely immpressive the hybrids are in person some pics may without a doubt are enhanced. I myself take some pretty bad pics, I am the disposible camera kind of guy lol, so I have only sharpened a few images ever, so I am not in any way condoneing it. To wrap it up, and sorry for the confusion which is completely my fault, but I was just trying to make a point, whether the people here get it or not. To Ritchie, I am definately not saying girls are for sale (except for those that actually are, but thats another story for another time and place) just playing the false advertisement card, the natural look is much sexier anyway, but this is getting way to personal. To whoever knocked Louisiana, whatever, its a beautiful state with so much culture its unbelievable, so its your loss. I hate Connecticut, but I have a good job here with alot of advancement so I am stuck here. As to Laura, you are the best, even when you make fun of me or tell me I am a jerk, I feel good about it lol, you have a way of getting to the point with no sugarcoating, but without being completely insensitive. Thanks!!!!! As to everyone have a wonderful evening. Dan M.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #426
ms_terese
Quote:
If someone doesnt know that a snake doesnt look that bright then I truly dont believe they are ready for the responsibility that comes with owning a large constrictor. These are animals that can and do kill people, and usually ignorant ones as they do not take proper precausions. So there is just as much responsibility on a buyer to be informed as it is for the seller to be honest.
This is a brilliant tactic for weeding out irresponsible buyers! I think this is going to catch on!

One more question, though: is the description that Jim Mason gave of David accurate in your opinion?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #427
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
These are animals that can and do kill people, and usually ignorant ones as they do not take proper precausions.
One can one hope.........

Griz

Old 01-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #428
Wilomn
There are some people who just don't get it because they are unable to.

There are some people who just don't get it because they don't want to.

In the first instance, there is hope.

In dan's case, the second scenario, he deserves everything that happens to him.

If he really thinks it's ok to doctor pics, then when he does, and it will happen, get taken, I for one will not raise a finger to help.

The guy is a complete and total idiot with morals he should be ashamed of.

Good luck dan, you're one of P.T. Barnums favorites.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #429
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
One can one hope.........

Griz
One can only hope......

Griz

Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #430
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
the natural look is much sexier anyway.
And people say you and I would never agree.
Damon……………………………………………………………….………........David
Sold his stuff to Tim capps………………………………………......…Registered his site with Tim capps
Drives a ford dually……………………………………………….….....…..Drives a for Dually
The color is white…………………………………………………......…….The color is white
It is a stick shift……………………………………………….…….....…….it is a stick shift
Grinds in reverse…………………………………………………….....…....Grinds in reverse
Last seen heading south…………………………………….….....….….Lives in the south
Has the only 4 month guarantee……………………………......…..Has the only 4 month guarantee
Has the only lifetime trade in of its kind………………......….….Has the only life time trade in of its kind
Likes to make his own enclosures…………………………..........…Likes to make his own enclosures
Likes to raise his own snake food…………………………......…..…Likes to raise his own snake food.
Mainly interested in burms tics rocks and crosses….......….mainly interested in burms tics rocks and crosses
Always talking about helping the less fortunate afford the high end ……….....… "Where anyone can own a giant constrictor or morphs…………………………............…….................... .......….any high end morph"
Wants public to think he is huge……………………………......…….wants public to think he is huge
Doctored his animal pics……………………………………......………….Doctored his animal pics
Laying Low in 2004…………………………………………………......…….Did an appearance in 2004
Totally disappeared April 2005…………………………….......……….Totally appeared in summer 2005
Hates Bob Clark and Mike Wilbanks……………….......……………..Hates bob Clark and Mike Wilbanks
Spoke out against Brokering…………………………….......…………. Spoke out against Brokering
Brokered animals…………………………………………………….......……. Brokered animals
Closed colony after a disease wiped out collection......……..Claims a closed colony
Tall……………………………………………………………………….......…………Tall
Dark…………………………………………………………………......……………..Dark
Ugly………………………………………………………………......………………..Ugly
Had animals david currently has......................................Has animals Brian / Damon used to have

They gotta be different people. Absolutely 100% sure they are not the same person. <---------------sarcasm if you missed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart