Bad Guy I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #11
calebroad
Buying het anything is extremely risky (in my experience). If the visual is not panning out, I would absolutely not bank on the het aspect. If you can return the snake and get a refund. Do it fast. Even if you have to eat the $60.00. Good luck!

Old 08-01-2018, 11:36 PM   #12
GotBoas
I was trying to work it out and biting my tongue while he was being a jerk. He then blocks me on FB right in the middle of my efforts to resolve this situation because I told him I was going to dispute it. He was truly being an “internet tough guy” and lying to me while I was pointing out his “mistake or deception” I provided the pix where we agree on snake ID, he clearly sent another snake. The genes may be the same but I can’t risk investing / gambling on this animal. I feel bad for the snake to be moved around like this. Very frustrating.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #13
GotBoas
Robert, yes. That is the same Joe Oswald.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #14
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoas View Post
Robert, yes. That is the same Joe Oswald.
Thanks for verifying this Charles.
I left a link on his profile inviting him to comment here.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #15
ozzie_1978
The buyer got exactly what he asked for, a 2017 Possible Super Bloody Salmon 100% Het Kahl Albino Male. I had sold the last of this litter 6 months prior and recently updated my photo inventory of every boa I had left so there was no way one was accidentally mis-labeled with another hypo blood cause I didn't have anymore hypo bloods. At no time did I state the animal was only a few weeks old or that is was my only snake. I produced over 200 boas in 2017 but I still do not post generic pics of the genes. The guy was nothing but a headache from the beginning nickel and diming so yes, i got irritated when he's contacting saying the snake didn't look like the right one. He also knew I was heavily medicated in the hospital while all the conversations were taking place. I will deal with him so this is going to be my only post on the matter. I have been breeding since 2010 and this is my first issue like this.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #16
GotBoas
I hope everyone could see the inaccuracies in his reply based on the evidence I provided.

His 8 years experience is not relevant to the facts on the table: nor is my experience:
Prior to 2008, I was a snake owner from the age of 6. I started breeding Boas in 2008 with GotBoas.com. Recently establishing my business license and name to Patriotic Pets.

I have the entire conversion with me and the seller saved. I provided the screen shots where we agreed on the snake ID and you can see where he agrees and says the pic is two weeks old. “A different snake arrived.” I paid $1825 for this snake, so I expect the piic ID we discussed to match. Not sure how $1825 is nickel and dimes. I produced some amazing bloody stuff this past season that I planned to use this snake with. But if he sends me a snake outside of the pic ID we agree on, how can I trust this seller? Would you?

Respectfully,
Chas Pantino
Patriotic Pets.net on FaceBook

Old 08-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #17
Snake-Queen
I caught those lies, as well.

Also, usually when someone's says, "This will be my only post/reply.", I don't believe them. It's a copout for someone who knows they are in the wrong.

The snake you received is not the snake agreed upon.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #18
GotBoas
I appreciate that Queen. I tried hard to be civil from the start and I have all the screen shots to prove it. I sent everything to PayPal.

I was trying to follow through with the refund with him but I didn’t trust sending him the Snake first at this point and he didn’t even want to cover shipping for his mistake. He insisted on acting tough and blaming me. We clearly agreed on genetics AND pic ID. Not sure why he would deny it. I attached the critical portion of the convo.

Not sure what he means by “he will deal with me” the entire forum on Facebook, Boa Constrictor Keepers backed me up on this and blocked him. The couple of people that chimed in non supporting said; it shouldn’t matter because the genes match, Were said to be his friends. But I can’t confirm that. He blocked me immediately. ��

Old 08-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #19
ozzie_1978
I said it would be my only post in reply because I don't waste my time with internet debates and I believed my experience with selling boas was relevant because in the last 8 years I have never had a problem with the quality or integrity of my business. There are several flat out lies in his statements and if I have time I will defend myself with some screen shots. Otherwise, by dealing with him I mean through paypal since he wanted to jump to going that route. I only blocked him on facebook when he was messaging me after 10pm on FB and my personal number. I dont mute facebook since it's what my kids use and i have not blocked him on my personal number. I didn't know a group blocked me on facebook and I have no idea who responded in my defense but I don't appreciate someone who likes to hear himself talk so much trying to slander my name.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:52 PM   #20
ozzie_1978
Scam?

The guy got yelled at by his wife for spending too much money and now he's trying to make a big stink about getting scammed when that's not what happened at all...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!