Bad Guy Gastro3003 aka Dr. Robert Brunner -- Scam Artist, Forger, Beware! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
worldismarble
Gastro3003 aka Dr. Robert Brunner -- Scam Artist, Forger, Beware!

I made a deal with this man back in May of 2016.

His ZocDoc profile is provided here:
https://www.zocdoc.com/doctor/robert-brunner-md-69095

The deal was for my male radiated tortoise, for a total price of $5k.

Robert paid $3700 and promised an additional $1300 to be paid within a month. He reneged on our deal and went to great lengths to lie and provide forged documents from the Parrots of the World veterinary clinic.

Shortly after receiving the tortoise, Robert began claiming the tortoise was sick, wasn't eating, and even provided a (forged) a vet bill. A week later, he claimed the tortoise had died. All forged documents, including the death certificate he provided me are attached to this thread.

Needless to say, I never received the $1300 I was owed in the deal. Several months later, I received a text message from a fellow Fauna user, KYTuan, who text messaged me inquiring the history of the tortoise he had received in a trade from Robert (screenshot attached).

The tortoise never died, is in perfectly good health, and Robert lied, forged, and cheated me all along the way. I would be extremely cautious dealing with this scam artist in the future -- be forewarned.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
worldismarble
My original For Sale ad: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=572748

Robert Brunner claiming the tortoise had died
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
juliasara
He seems to have serious money issues. Here's another thread about him. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=576490

Old 08-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Idiopathicelectrode
What is the bit about the wedding ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
worldismarble
I offered Robert Brunner a full refund multiple times. However, each time, he refused, and kept making excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer_Man View Post
What is the bit about the wedding ring?

The original deal was he was going to give me his wedding ring as collateral for the $1300 he owed on the deal. In the end, he gave me a worthless faux-gold ring and completely reneged on the deal. Screenshot attached.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
Idiopathicelectrode
Oh ok.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
Idiopathicelectrode
That seems really weird though, why would he trade a wedding ring for a tortoise?

Old 08-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #8
worldismarble
Posting a link to another complaint thread showcasing the deception of Robert Brunner:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=576490

Old 08-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
worldismarble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer_Man View Post
That seems really weird though, why would he trade a wedding ring for a tortoise?

Read the entire thread.

The original deal was for $5k for the tortoise. Robert paid $3700 along with his wedding ring as collateral and promised an additional $1300. After receiving the $1300 balance, I would then give him back his ring -- needless to say, this never happened.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #10
Idiopathicelectrode
Oh, the ring was like insyrance

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!