Bad Guy Ripped off by Lisa Apramian in San Diego - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #41
lillyorchid
Yikes! That is not how to conduct business.
After viewing her Linkedin, she sounds like a total fraud. I wonder how many other people she has scammed over the years?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #42
JCCS
Being called "Dr." and having her license revoked are two separate things. The doctorate is an educational achievement that really can't be taken away although a school MIGHT be able to revoke it in extreme circumstance, but really doubtful. She can be a doctor of psychology while not having licensure. Licensure is something that many professions have to go through, just like a contractor's license or a teaching license. You have to pay some fees, pass a test, and undergo a couple yrs of supervision to become fully licensed as a therapist. If you screw up, they very much can and will yank that out from under you.

If I were to guess, based on her writing ability and seriously odd beliefs about her reptiles, she probably was a therapist and got her "doctorate" from some bs new age school if she has one at all.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:00 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
In post #4, there is a reference to writing the check to 'Spiral Awakening', there are the same sorts of references to spiral awakening on this site.
http://enlightenedsexuality.com/dr-lisa-resume/
And the same phone number as a contact number on the site, as listed in post #5 here.
http://www.spiralawakening.com/contact/
She seems to have taken down the sites already. Here's a few screen shots.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #44
lillyorchid
Looks like she is taking down all her webpages and trying to hide her info.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #45
lillyorchid
More.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #46
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Being called "Dr." and having her license revoked are two separate things. The doctorate is an educational achievement that really can't be taken away although a school MIGHT be able to revoke it in extreme circumstance, but really doubtful. She can be a doctor of psychology while not having licensure. Licensure is something that many professions have to go through, just like a contractor's license or a teaching license. You have to pay some fees, pass a test, and undergo a couple yrs of supervision to become fully licensed as a therapist. If you screw up, they very much can and will yank that out from under you.

If I were to guess, based on her writing ability and seriously odd beliefs about her reptiles, she probably was a therapist and got her "doctorate" from some bs new age school if she has one at all.
Very true, I totally forgot that you can have a doctorate and not actually practice whatever your degree is in.

I think you're pretty spot on as far as the last point, lol.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #47
Craig Wyatt
Now when you just simply google her name this pops up on the front page. Wonder how she feels about it.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #48
tlmoon
Probably would have been worth giving the OP his $300 back to avoid all this!

If these alternative treatments help people, I guess that's great. Whatever floats your boat, right? But all the healing is kind of at odds with taking somebody's money and the things she posted in this thread. Maybe she should channel that holistic spirit into gaining empathy with the guy she took $300 from.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:39 AM   #49
lizardsister2
Guys, her snake is her teacher and she lost her license because of a sexual relationship with an inmate. I've worked as a therapist in the prison system. I've seen the phenomenon of professional women entering into relationships with current inmates. It's not something healthy undamaged people do. I suggest that you take any legal measures necessary but don't expect a lot of rational adult responses from your seller.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #50
Lucille
In post 6 Lisa says there might be 5-10 mites on the snake. By post 25, that had morphed into moth eggs in the lights. Not even a plausible lie, but if she is still trying to sell snakes she might not want potential customers to hear about a mite problem.

Check out posts 25 and 30. See how easily she denigrates the people involved. I think she has had plenty of experience.

Maybe the snake whisper biz isn't doing so well, and maybe she doesn't have $300 to refund Robert Seib, or even have the $ to send the snake. Or maybe the little mites took her sex coaching lessons to heart and have multiplied to the point where she can't send the snake out. All speculation, but her given excuses are not plausible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!