Inquiry Jose Crespo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
a153fish
Jose Crespo

I've been contacted by a Jose Crespo. I sent him a link to the snakes available. He then emailed me back that he was sending payment. I quickly emailed back to ask him which snake he wanted so I could hold it for him. I never got a response. He said he was sending a Cashier check so he needed my address, and phone. Continuing to ignore several requests to ID the snakes he wants? Now I get a phone text that he over paid by mistake the agreed amount. There was no agreed amount. He said to cash it, and he would tell me what to do with the overpayment. This screams scam to me! Has anyone else been contacted by Jose Crespo?

Old 04-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
Serafim
Sounds fishy to me.. I would avoid further contact

Old 04-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
a153fish
Agreed, I've seen similar scams before where they send Monet orders, and ask you tio send back a portion. The money comes out of your account in the end.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
JColt
100% scam. Do not cash.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Dano
Scam

I have been contacted also by Jose and I went through the same events. I finally deleted his message.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
Donald C
If you would, post how this scammer contacted you (email address / phone number). This is probably linked to a recent influx of this sort of scam. Maybe our mods can find a link between our not-so-dear scammers.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #7
Prognathodon
Classic money order scam. Don't cash it, and if you feel like it, tell him you destroyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 04-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #8
EdwardK
You could always tell him you gave it to the postmaster general as proof of maul fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud

some comments

Ed

Old 04-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
a153fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
If you would, post how this scammer contacted you (email address / phone number). This is probably linked to a recent influx of this sort of scam. Maybe our mods can find a link between our not-so-dear scammers.
He saw my ads here on Fauna, and contacted me thru email, then after I Gabe him my cell number by text.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by a153fish View Post
He saw my ads here on Fauna, and contacted me thru email, then after I Gabe him my cell number by text.
What was the email address and phone number?
If we have those, we might be able to ID this guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!