One of my leos wont lay her eggs HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
beccablaze
Exclamation One of my leos wont lay her eggs HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

hy i have two female leos,they live together in a 20 gallon tank and i have a nesting box with moist but not drenched vermiculite and one of my leos just laid eggs but heres the problem it has been three wekks to amonth since i noticed they were both gravid and one of my females will not lay her eggs or she hasnt yet anyway sould i be starting to worry she has gotten huge and the eggs inside of her look prettybig to WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
defcon222
If they're her first eggs, then they may be bound up. That means they're stuck. Even if they're not her first eggs, if they're not fertile, they still may be bound up. Your best bet is to go to your local herp vet to get her checked out.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
LadyGecko
A vet is always the best choice if you are unsure of exactly what is going on with an animal

How long has she been gravid for?
Is she still eating?
Is she digging at all?
What is your set-up like and what are your temps?

Why don't you separate the two girls and see if that makes a difference
I have no idea of females are territorial with laying boxes but if that is an issue it may help with moving one into another tank/tub

When you look at her belly(put her in a glass bowl/dish and look from underneath to avoid holding her in an uncomfortable position ) what can you see?

Do you see the 2 eggs and pink spots above them?

I hope that she lays those eggs tomorrow-otherwise make a vet appointment as
egg binding can be fatal

Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!