Gravid Bearded Dragon Question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
OEdwards
And after she lays soak her in warm water wash the dirt off her and offer her protien she is probable gonna be hungry!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
951adg06
CAN FEEL THE EGGS

Ok so she has been sitting in her hole she dug for the past 2.5 hours with her eyes closed. I just gave her an nice warm bath, and could definitely feel the eggs again. I put her back in her viv and will put her back in the lay box when she starts running around again. I can't physically see the eggs, so I thought she absorbed them or something. But when she's in the water and relaxed I definitely can feel and see the bumps.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
I usually leave my females in their laying container, as sometimes they will lay first thing in the morning. As long as she has a heat source she will be fine.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
951adg06
She laying

Hey guys she is now laying her eggs. There ave been between 7-10 since I have been in here. But she was going before I noticed. I can't see in the hole, so I don't know how many are in there. Will keep you guys updating on how many.
Thank you all very much

Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
OEdwards
Please do!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
OEdwards
I find the best incubating temps are between 82-84 at this it does take them a little longer to hatch but they grow to be a larger size than 84-86 which is still good around these temps your dragons will hatch sooner and I find( an opinion ) the colors they display are more vivid but again do not try to push it up to high cause too warm is a bad thing and do not worry about moving them around or upside down when you are excavating for the eggs ( but do not be rough ) it is okay but after they are in the incubator be cautious. If you ever have any Q's about them just ask me Ill help you!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #17
951adg06
18 eggs

Ok you guys she had 18 eggs and all look to be fertile. Well at least they look fertile to me, all white and perfectly shaped.
Thank you all,'Will keep you posted on how everything is going, and if any problem (god forbid) arise, I am definitely coming to you guys.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #18
Snake-Queen
Wonderful news! The eggs look nice.
Congrats!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #19
OEdwards
Good job!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
951adg06
Egg Question

Okay. So when my beardie was laying her eggs, she would push them back deeper in the hole with her back feet. Now I have a question about incubating them in the correct position. I recovered them and placed them in the vermiculite in the position they were found. Now it has been 3 days, well Sunday night. I can see the red embryo, but some of them are on the upperside right/left side of the egg. They are not centered. I just put them in there the way she layed them. I don't want to move them, but is this fine? Or should I place them so the embryo is upright? My concern is that I know once in incubation they start to develop, and shifting there position can be detrimental to the embryo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!