Where to buy? Too many choices! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
guitrage
Where to buy? Too many choices!

Hello everyone. I am looking into buying a normal ball python, but there are just too many breeders to choose from! I am considering OzzyBoids, Joe Compel Reptiles, Cypress Creek, Top Shelf Exotics, LLL Reptile, etc. etc. But how to choose?

There is a reptile specialty store in my area that frequently has CB babies, but I haven't discovered any local breeders (although the guy from Napa Valley Snakes told me he could hook me up with someone).

All in all I want the prettiest, healthiest snake I can find. Should I order one from a big name breeder (if so, how should I go about choosing one?), or try and find one locally? Do you think that some of the bigger names would have better looking snakes?

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Old 11-21-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
acebrumfield
Locally

Since you are wanting a nice normal do it locally. Either from a respsectable petstore. Check the classifieds in my area there are papers that offer free ads and come out weekly things like that are great sources. You pay a little more if you buy from a petstore but you get to see and handle the animal first. When you consider the cost of shipping then really the cost can be cheaper locally. If you can find a local breeder that would be the best agian only if you can see and handle the animal first. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that you shouldn't buy from the major breeders by all means but it sounds like you are looking for a pet not breeding stock. Let your eyes hands and other senses be your guide. Also if you buy local ask if you can see the animal feed or at least get a feeding guarantee.

Jonathan

Old 11-26-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
MGReptiles
I suggest supporting your local breeders first and then to the big guys next. The small the RESPECTABLE breeder the better the customer service and in most cases the better the animal. I have purchsed from all sizes and prefer myself to deal with the one that has the best animal and does not treat me like a number.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!