I need your help! FAST!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
EriksReptiles
I need your help! FAST!!!

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has bought any of Ron Billingsley's Displays?? I bought one and would like to see how everyone elses looks!

Thanks Erik

Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
hhmoore
sounds like you aren't happy with it. I'd be interested in hearing why, since I just ordered some.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
EriksReptiles
Yes, I am not very happy. For $215 I expected more then this....

Here are the pictures. I outlined what was wrong with them in red.

1st pic- This piece didn't stay glued and came unattached. Understand-able. Stuff happens.

2nd pic- On each of the 3 displays there is atleast a quarter inch or more of extra material hanging off. I don't think it looks very "professional".

3rd pic- Another picture of the "over hang".

4th pic- This piece was not glued on right. You can see that there was glue on there at one time, but not anymore!

I am just curious as to what happend?? They looked great in the pictures.

Oh-well. I just asked for pictures of others displays to see if they also looked like this.

Thanks Erik
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
EriksReptiles
Ok, Here are the last two pictures and my "thoughts".

Pic 1(5)- This one is broken. The piece that they slide in is totally busted.

Pic 2(6)- This is the picture of one of the raisers. It broken.

Also one of the doors in one of the keepers doesn't open more then 2 inches. Then some of the doors are extremely hard to open. And a couple other things.

All in all the only things that made it were the 2 small raisers and one of the large raisers.

Although I don't think Ron is to blame for everything.
1) UPS might have broken something.
2) He has people build these...I think he needs to find new people to build them........

Oh-well those are just my thoughts and I am sure Ron will figure something out for me as he is a very nice guy.

Although I am slightly angry as I bought these for a reptile show on Saturday the 17th ( that is only 4 days away). There is no way that these will be on my table and I doubt that I can get anything else in time....So, It looks like I will be doing the good ol' fashion deli cup table this year...Just like last year.

Thanks Erik
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
hhmoore
Have you contacted Ron about this yet? I would hope that he would replace the damaged unit(s) without issue.
I too ordered these for an upcoming show, now I'm nervous. At least the show is a month away, so it will leave time for replacement if necessary (but like you, I will be unhappy if I get crap)

Old 09-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
EriksReptiles
Ya, He has yet to contact me and I have left 1 or 2 messages from yesterday on his phone and I sent him an email. So we shall see.

Although like you said that is no way that I can get a new one in time. Also I don't really want a replacement because I only go to one show per year. And it is every September. Although I am thinking about going to a big show in 06' but I would be buying a bigger display anyway for that.

Oh-well. Ill keep you up-dated!

Thanks Erik

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!