Help Bearded Dragon Care! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
leboshade
Help Bearded Dragon Care!

Whats up!

This is my first bearded dragon and I need to know if I am doing things right. She is about 5 months old.
I also have a leopard gecko and corn snake but the beardie is my first diurnal reptile.
I have 40 gallon breeder tank setup with a 24" reptisun 10.0 bulb attached to a fixture I bought from walmart. Over the tank I have to heat lamps one is a 150 watt and the other is a 75 watt. The basking is around 110 degrees and the rest of the tank is between 85 to 95 on the hot side and 75 on the cool side. I feed her twice a day and she eats crickets and small superworms. I dust them with repashy calcium plus. I give her two to three baths a week. So now that I have explained the care Im giving her I have some questions about them because I want to make sure that me little girl is getting the best care she can.
My questions are:
1. Is the uvb tube right in my setup or should it be overhead?
2. How can I get her to eat veggies and greens. I have tried collard, mustard, turnip greens, carrots and butternut squash and she wont eat it.
3. Is the Repashy calcium plus any good it says that it is an all in one supplement that should be given to them everyday.
I have attached a pic of my setup and my beardie.
To all that take the time to reply to me I really appreciate you guys helping out.
Thank You
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
FosterHerpetological
Personally, I would chill out with so many baths. Maybe with all the moisture form the baths could be the reason she isn't eating greens?

How long are you leaving the greens in there? Im not an expert, I only have a few beardies, but I've noticed that with 2 of mine they eat the greens right away, and with one other if I leave the greens in overnight they are usually eaten. He won't eat them immediately, but when I come in the next day they are all gone.

Stephen

Old 12-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
will11780
The older they get the more interested in the greens they get i got a few just started finally eatin greens but will only eat kale and mustard greens but they have always loved fresh green beans and they just turned 14 months old just give him time he will eventually eat them for ya, your setup looks good but what is in the front left corner looks like a folded blanket if it is i would be careful he doesnt get his claws caught in it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!