Beardie with swollen eye - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
sschind
Beardie with swollen eye

I had a customer bring this bearded dragon in to me yesterday and I've never seen anything like it before. I've seen animals with swollen eyes but nothing to this extent. Any ideas? My vet will be in some time this week and I will get her to take a look at it but until then I figured I'd ask here. The guy who brought it in got it from someone else and his parents said he couldn't keep it. It's appetite seems fine and aside from it being a bit on the thin side (not terrible,it could just use a few more ounces) which doesn't surprise me given the circumstances (possible borderline neglect) About all I know for sure about how it was cared for is that it was on calcium sand as that is what was in the cage when he brought it in. Any ideas would be appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
InterExotics
Any updates on this dragon? I honestly have never seen a bearded dragon eye swollen that severely. Was it an infection of some sort?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Gina Gauvin
Improper supplementation?

The eye itself doesn't look infected, just swollen. If the guy had him on calci-sand, and he didn't have a uvb light to help him absorb the calcium properly, I could see that happening. But you couldn't be sure without bloodtests or xrays. One way to find out would be to set him up properly, with proper lighting and care, and see if it corrects itself.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Rud3Bwoy
Ouch,check bd.org i remember seeing something similar to this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!