Just filled out Couperi Permits - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
Rjhjthomps
Just filled out Couperi Permits

I just filled out both the Federal and Illinois Dept of NR permits and they are ready to mail out. Doing some proof reading before these get mailed out and I was wondering if anybody has some suggestions for the permits before I mail these out that has delt with this process before.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
Vic Herrick
Joe, just be honest and provide a few photographs. the USFWS is looking for you to be responsible, they don't want folks turning them loose etc. Tell them you will have appropriate cages and the source of your animals. These permits usually take several weeks, or longer, for no known reason. However, they eventually come through, it may require a few phone calls. It is good to know who is in charge of the permit issuing, as you can get a lot of red tape at the Atlanta office...but persistence and patience pays off. You will really enjoy your Indigos, they are worth the wait and permit fees. Good luck, Vic

Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #3
Rjhjthomps
Thanks for the tips Vic, I mailed out the Illinois DNR permit application, i've held on the the federal permit but it's ready to send if I need it for use. I think I've found the appropriate breeder in my state so I wont require the interstate commerce permit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!