Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 246 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #2451
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
That is a false dichotomy.

One can indeed be both. Actions performed as a moderator are in accordance with the rules and governance of this site. As long as that is not interfered with, providing personal input on the BOI in a non-moderating fashion is completely permissible.

This thread illustrates nothing of the sort you claimed.
Are you speaking as a moderator, or a civilian, lol? Don't wanna ruffle Mr. Potts' feathers.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #2452
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
This thread illustrates why moderators shouldn't be allowed to post on the BOI as civilians. Be a moderator or be a civilian, cant be both. At least in the context of this Web-Site.
Had Robert not been a moderator while posting his opinion, what difference would it have made?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:39 PM   #2453
WebSlave
Quote:
This thread illustrates why moderators shouldn't be allowed to post on the BOI as civilians. Be a moderator or be a civilian, cant be both. At least in the context of this Web-Site.
I disagree.

A moderator's OFFICIAL duties here are to enforce the rules. Nothing more, nothing less. Although, that being said, nearly all of the moderators this site has ever had, have most definitely put more into the job than I have asked of them. I am pretty sure most of you have no real idea how much effort they volunteer for your benefit, trying hard to protect you from scammers. Most of it completely behind the scenes. More than one has burned themselves out in the process, so I often have to ask them to pull back their efforts to keep from getting too OVER involved and their personal life suffering as a result.

That certainly does not mean that to be a moderator on this site, anyone so chosen has to give up their personal opinions about any issues they care to express publicly. All of the moderators are expressly allowed to freely post their personal opinions about anything they choose, even if such opinions are completely different and opposed to MY own personal opinions and/or what would be any official stance of this website.

I believe this is fair, and wouldn't have it any other way. The moderators here are valuable to me, so I am certainly not going to make efforts to restrict THEIR freedom to make the best of this site for their own PERSONAL benefit and interests.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #2454
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Are you speaking as a moderator, or a civilian, lol? Don't wanna ruffle Mr. Potts' feathers.
When posts are made in a moderator status, we typically do our best to use blue text. just an FYI for all

Old 08-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #2455
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
When posts are made in a moderator status, we typically do our best to use blue text. just an FYI for all
I'm well aware of that. I was being facetious. Thought it was obvious.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #2456
Lucille
Quote:
This thread illustrates
Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at your past posts. You are no stranger to red hot controversy, and you must have noticed well prior to this thread that the mods here have their own opinions.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #2457
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I'm well aware of that. I was being facetious. Thought it was obvious.
I know you are, it seems others were not aware. Easiest to quote you since you asked the actual question even though you were not serious. (why I put FYI for all)

Old 08-27-2018, 12:32 AM   #2458
MesoCorney
It will interesting to see if Ty's business will be effected long term. I also wonder if people will be less likely to do business with Michelle after this.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #2459
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
I also wonder if people will be less likely to do business with Michelle after this.
Yeah, the scammers won't want any part of her .... but why would you think the honest ones might not want her business ?

If I was breeding something she wanted she'd get an automatic discount for life for taking Parks down .

Old 08-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #2460
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
It will interesting to see if Ty's business will be effected long term. I also wonder if people will be less likely to do business with Michelle after this.
At very least people are now better informed. A low risk transaction versus a high risk transaction, a potential customer can now weigh their options. My recommendation is stay away from lotteries involving Ty like the plague though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu