Airborne now DHL????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
craig268
Airborne now DHL?????

I've heard that DHL has taken over Airborne.

On the internet, Airborne comes up as DHL.

Not sure if there are any other changes as yet. I called DHL and they said Airborne accounts will continue to use the Airborne account number.

Craig

Old 03-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
hummi22689
DHL and Airborne did merge. I have had nothing but problems with them since the merge. DHL is an international shipping company, and they open boxes randomly for inspection. So anyone who is shipping through AIrborne and not doing it the legal way beware, they will make you come get whatever it is or they will turn it over to the local humane society.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Captive Bred Excellence
Airborne DHL merge

I had a legal account to ship reptiles with Airborne for 7 years, when they merged with DHL they informed me they would not continue to honer my account. I know the same thing happened with Ken Foose, owner of Exotic Pets. I don't know if it's this way all over the country but I suspect it is. If you are shipping on the sly with unmaked boxes you are also in violation of the Lacey act. My concern would be if Airborne/DHL opened a box and discovered reptiles they may opt to call local fish and game. That's when you could get nailed in regards to the Lacey act. They may just call you and tell you to come pick up the shipment and drop your account.
Good Luck
Tad Fitzgerald
Captivebred.com

Old 03-11-2004, 09:58 AM   #4
mycurlylocks
Unfortunately DHL did buy out Airborne Express. I am just a buyer, and even for me it has become a nightmare. None of the changes seem to be for the better.
No longer do I receive my items on time, and I now receive a lot less help from customer service than I did Airborne. (Which was bad enough!)
I can imagine what the shippers are going through. Thank heavens for UPS!!! I have never had a problem with them.
Candy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!