2 day delivery? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
tbgnc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
This was brought to my attention so here is what I found out.
Much of what the seller is telling you is true.
I have seen this only once but when a plane has too much dry ice there is then a restriction in place so as to not put live animals on that plane. Dry ice takes up all the oxygen The Tulsa Hub has a customer that always ships with them every night and has to much Dry Ice so this policy then comes into play almost every night. If you drop off a live animal at night it then gets bumped to the day flight which of course would then take a day to get to it's final destination.
The way to avoid this according to Fed Ex hub in Tulsa is to bring the animal to the hub by 9 AM it would then go out as a PI The seller needs to let them know it is a live animal) that day and would reach its final destination the following day.
This does have your animal in a box a bit longer but not an extra day.
Also an alternative would be to go to the Still Water OK hub . Hope this answers the question.
www.reptilesexpress.com
This does help answer a lot. Thanks for taking your time to add this much needed information. Thank you!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I wouldn't. FYI for your seller, it's against FedEx TOS (I'm looking at my waiver) to ship via anything but priority overnight.

If that's not the case and they (or you) just live out in the sticks, I'd look for closer big hubs on either end to cut that down to make it an overnight delivery. If that's not possible, I'd still move on.

There's always airline shipping?
They ship to the sticks and overnight with a guarantee. Its just that their times
will be later then 10:30. I shipped to deep sticks in Mo and it got there on time which was 4:30 for that far out.

Dont do it second day!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
They ship to the sticks and overnight with a guarantee. Its just that their times
will be later then 10:30. I shipped to deep sticks in Mo and it got there on time which was 4:30 for that far out.

Dont do it second day!
It gets here late as well because I'm out there, but always that next day. It's still overnight. Never 2nd day. That's not exactly what I was talking about, but I get what you're saying.

Debbie, the morning ship-out sounds like a much better idea. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
BallsDeepPythons
To defend myself I did say that I would consider driving to OKC to ship them. The problem is that I have a job, and if I take off from work for the time it would take me to drive to OKC, then back to Tulsa (close to two hours each way) lets say 4 hours plus fuel I am out over $100. To some people that is not a huge deal, but I do this as a hobby, I already lose enough money doing it not counting if I take off of work half a day.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Andy@SYR
We have been dealing with the unique issues surrounding the Tulsa hub for a few years now. There is a large frozen food shipper that ships a lot of packages with dry ice from the Tulsa facility. Due to the volume of dry ice, live animals are not allowed on those planes and must be shipped on a different flight. The protocol has been evolving, and as most recently affected by Bill's shipment, here is the latest information-

There is a morning flight that leaves Tulsa at 10:30am going to Memphis. The facility opens at 8am so as long as the customer can drop off before 9am the package will go out on the morning flight. The customer must tell them it is a live animal and that they want it on the morning flight. Also, there is no morning flight on Monday mornings so they must ship it out Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Because of these unique scheduling demands, if the customer drops off the package the night before, we will honor the SYR Live Arrival Insurance as with a more typical package, so there are still protections in place for safe live arrival. But there is also this option of an early morning drop off for the 10:30am flight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!