"How To Do It Legal ?????" - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #31
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
Mark and Aimee,

I would be cautious about having your package ready to ship out by Thursday morning simply because I was told something completely different then you were by all of the Delta folks I have spoken with when I was in the process of being verified.

I had my home inspected a good month ago or so, but when I talked to the folks at the local hub and in person at my house, they both told me that the house inspection was the quick part, but that having the paperwork sent to Atlanta (the big Delta hub) and reviewed for the background check, etc., was what usually took 2-4 weeks before you would be added to verified shippers list.

I sincerely hope that you are able to ship out this week as promised, but it might not be a bad idea to have a backup in case you are not able to. Best of luck!

Lauren Rost
Your local office is slow. We were inspected the same day we called. The paperwork was faxed the next morning. In 24 hours, we were on the known shippers list.

We were not on the known shippers list by 5:30 Thursday morning, in time to ship our animals. However, by noon on thursday we WERE on the list, and everyone recieved their animals by Thursday evening.

Every local office is different, and they all handle their paperwork however they choose.

Our local office just happens to be REALLY cool, and they take care of things PRONTO.

Everything went fine... And I'm happy to say we will now be doing the large majority of our shipping through Delta.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:12 PM   #32
sheffy22
usps

I might not have a place here but the united states postal service ships my dragons and monitors with no problem. They do not guarantee live arrival but they do ship them. Snakes may be totally different but i am just trying to help.
If no help, Sorry
John

Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #33
Gotgecko
It is not illegal to ship ups o r FedEx. It is againts there policy. Furthermore they don't care they just won't insure. You say nothing and they don't ask. That is the deaL.
kEVIN

Old 08-28-2004, 07:21 PM   #34
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
It is not illegal to ship ups o r FedEx. It is againts there policy. Furthermore they don't care they just won't insure. You say nothing and they don't ask. That is the deaL.
I'd like to tell you that you are right. But you're only half right. Shipping through FEDEX or UPS is indeed a violation of company policy. There's no law broken there. But if you do not declare the contents of the package, you are in direct violation of the Lacy Act. And that, Sir, is illegal. I'm not saying you are going to get caught - just telling you it is illegal.

MANY people ship through all the typical overnight services, and MOST of them do not declare the accurate contents of their packages. Every once in a while, someone gets hammered because of it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!