10:30 A.M. Priority Overnight Not Always Available - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Firebill
10:30 A.M. Priority Overnight Not Always Available

I've not had to ship in the last year or two since I've been vending tables at local reptile shows. I've recently sold some online, and in the past have always used Reptiles Express with no problems, and just to be clear this is not a post or rant against or for Reptiles Express. Anyway, I choose the 10:30 a.m. priority overnight like always and printed my label. I was at work and didn't bother to look at it, seeing I just seen the screen shot and only verified the address and got the tracking number for my buyer. When I got home and attached the label to my box I noticed that it said overnight priority 4:30 p.m.

I immediately called Debbie, and she explained that it was because a FedEx facility was not very close to the destination I was sending to, which was Needles, California. Anyway, I assume there are other locations such as Needles, CA that can be like this.

I just wanted to share this as some might not know about this like myself. I did call my buyer after I got off the phone with Debbie and told him about the situation, and he also stated that he has never received a package before 10:30 because the closest FedEx facility to him was at Lake Havasu.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Yup, there are a few places, generally out in the sticks, that cannot guarantee the 10:30am due to their proximity to a hub.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
norcalCham
In situations like that I like to hold at the Facility so the buyer can pick up earlier. It might be a little drive for the buyer but better on the animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
robyn@Pro Exotics
FedEx Priority Overnight is 10:30am to most addresses, 12 noon to rural addresses, and 4:00pm to remote addresses. That is the terminology and time stamps they use.

Jason is correct, when you have a later day arrival, you can ship to the hub for customer pickup and the package will typically be available first thing, if your recipient is available to make a run to the hub facility.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!