AACargo? Anyone ever shipped with them? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
Bringerofdoom
AACargo? Anyone ever shipped with them?

I was looking on the net and i noticed AAcargo.com, its american airlines cargo shipping service. It looks to be a little cheaper than delta. I was wondering if anyone had good or bad experiences with them.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I think delta is used more for venomous, and AAcargo doesn't take any venomous reptile/snake/animal.

http://aacargo.com/shipping/animals.jhtml#canine

Acceptance Exceptions
Aggressive Behavior or Unfit for Travel
American Airlines maintains the right to refuse acceptance of any animal that is exhibiting aggressive behavior or does not appear fit to travel.
Venomous Snakes and Lizards
Venomous snakes and lizards will not be accepted for transportation.
Birds
For exotic/wild bird shipments the shipper must provide, in writing and on letterhead, that the bird was born in captivity on special farms or the bird is being shipped to or from a zoological garden, sanctuary, preserve, rehabilitation center, medical agency or government wildlife agency. Shipments of exotic/wild birds must stay online within American Airlines system.
Check with U.S. Customs and the consulate of the destination country regarding regulations for birds or poultry being shipped outside of the United States.
Ferrets
Ferrets are not accepted to or from California or Puerto Rico, except for research purposes. A special permit is required.
Primates
For shipments of primates, the shipper must provide, in writing and on letterhead, that the animal was born in captivity on a special farm or the primate is being shipped to or from a zoological garden, sanctuary, preserve, rehabilitation center, medical agency or government wildlife agency. Shipments of primates must stay online within American Airlines system.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
Bringerofdoom
Actually delta is used for bulk reptile shipments too. My redstripe i got, was shipped delta to me. Airlines are good for sameday delivery and some people just preffer them.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Ive probably never ordered a large enough "bulk" order to go delta and my delta office is over an hour away so Ive never aksed for anythign to go delta, never had it offered either lol

The most Ive ever had shipped at one time was 45 leos from Alex Hue and 24 iggys from Herp Breeding research and delta never came up.

Id love to have same day delivery though!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
mycurlylocks
I used to ship Dachsunds years ago. American was my last choice. They weren't really good when it came time to transfer the animals from one plane to another. Too many times they just leave them out in the cold or heat, cases have been filed in court where the animals were killed due to exposure. Not all of the planes have pressurized cargo spaces or temperature control on them. Many times the agents didn't even know which planes could take live cargo.
They are doing better from what I am told and many places American is the only carrier of choice. I was going to have a bassett hound puppy flown to me from Tennessee, but American was the only carrier available. Needless to say, I am going to TN this weekend!
When I checked on the shipping of the puppy, the agent was very helpful, I will give them credit for that. A puppy from Knoxville had to go west to Dallas and then east to Raleigh. Kind of backwards service to me!
For live mammals, Continental is my number one choice. They have provided me great service, don' t really know what their shipping policy is on reptiles.
I do know that the AVMA studied American Airlines a couple of years ago, so maybe they really have cleaned up their act.
Sorry, I know this didn't help much,
Candy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!