Airborne SUCKS!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
SPJ
Angry Airborne SUCKS!!!!!!!

They picked up a package today (8/13) for ovenight delivery by 10:30am tomorrow (8/14) and 10 hours later there is NO TRACKING INFO.
I have called them several times to find out why the hell their system hasn't been updated. They have no answer. The do not even show it as being picked up! WTF is going on here!
They delivered new labels that I signed for and took the package I was shipping at the same time. Don't f'ing tell me it was not picked up.
This is total BS.
That's it! UPS only from now on!

Old 08-14-2003, 04:52 AM   #2
SPJ
Well, it is now very late and I am tired of calling and yelling at the people at Airborne and need some sleep.
The package is supposed to be at it's destination in a little over 5 hours and Airborne still has no [bleep]ing idea where it is.
They still say they have no record of a driver picking it up.
My shipment BETTER arrive at it's destination on 8/14/03 by 10:30am or all hell is going to break out.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:25 AM   #3
JungleHabitats
a little info on airborne....

Hey man ,
ok first airborne has many flaws in there system of how they track/ship & deliver there well paid items .

a > iahve called them with weights of packages , get there qoute for shipping DELIVER it to there main processing center myself weigh it on there shipping scales to verify there price - now heres where they seem to double there rates ( remember the cage your Nile is in ) they had priced that cage to be shipped to you @ 128.00 with some change cannot remember exactly well after about two weeks i recieved a bill reflecting my charges to my account which were a overwhelming $254.00 + change do the math they doubled it ... so of course i got on the phone and made a call talkedto a lady explained they mistake ... she noted why yes Mr hall we do have seemed to have doubled that bill havent we she stated ..( yes you sure did and im not going to be paying but the $128.00 as giving to me by your agent and your shipping office )was my reply she went on to gurantee me that they would make the change to the bill ..... well two more weeks went buy and i get a call from airborne ( she had promised to call the next day to let me know the progress and assure me it was fixed 2 weeks went by) the call wanted to let me know i had a outstanding debt of $254.oo that needed to be paid the point is i have gone through this OVER and OVER with them for months now and they still tell me one thing and do the opposite i paid there original price of $128 and told them they would not be getting the difference of there billing as they need to change there practices of DOUBLING a persons quote after telling them it is half thatamount.

b> now for there pick up time and getting info directly into there system can take upto 12 hrs i was told ( cvase in point )i built a cage for a customer in california same as before got one price and the price doubled to over $450 when it was pickled up totally destroyed by airborne they were suppose to have picked it up at a jobsite and ship it ...well needless to say they never showed up to get it but yet keep in mind this was a 5 x 2x3 cage weighed around 240 lbs in crate hjard as h@ll to miss knowing you picked it up ... well i called due to they were 8 hrs late from when they were suppose to pick it up i was told it was picked up at 9 am !!!! wtf i asked they showed one package in there system weighing 8 lbs??????? being picked up for shipment so i asked her how they got a 5x2x3 cage to weigh only 8 lbs??and how they had picked this cage up when it was STILL in the back of my 14 ft trailer??? she told me then that the drivers sometimes make mistakes on judging tyhe weight of items and may have made a mistake!! i again told her she was needing to tell the driver they could be in trouble or fired if i was to claim that item LOST due to the fact it was still in my possesion .. so i then again delivered it to there shipping terminal ... they procedded to ship this one and totally DESTROY it before it got to the intended customer then tried to tell me it was " improperly packaged" well moral is it took them over 7 months to even find out where this package was in there facility ( which they couldnt because it had been thrown in the county landfill ) after two weeks due to its un fixable condition iwent through pure hell trying to get the insured value of it but the kicker was i had asked for pictures to be sent to me for my records and to see the damage and check conditions of contents inside the crate as there was over $200 in supplies that could have been salvaged over all im sure airborne has alot of good reports in shipping but with my past experiences with them and there double billing of shipping they will no longer be getting anything to ship by me i will look into Fedex / UPS for these needs so steve all i can say is hope the package gets there ontime !!!

Old 08-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #4
herpcondo
Hey Steve,,,
I had the same type of problems,,, 1 out of 4 packages with Airborne was a problem,,
i got the " reptile shipping account" with UPS and i have shipped over 30 packages in the last 2 months,, and no problems,,,
the online software they give you is great,,,if you ship 2 or 3 packages a week the rates are great,,, and they come by and pick up every day,, i have had all of my packages delivered by 10:30 AM and i worked with my guy who picks up my packages in the evening to make sure i am his last stop, so my animals don't sit in the box long...
my average pickup time is about 7 pm,, and they are delivered usually around 9 am so that is a pretty good transit time...
and knock on wood not a single little problem,,, and i can actually label them as harmless reptiles...
been a good deal for me,, i could not ask for anything more,,,

Old 08-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
SPJ
This just gets better and better.

Airborne shows up today with a package. The driver said the supplies I ordered are here.
Umm, you just delivered the supplies I ordered the other day.
So now I have double of what I ordered.
These guys are amazing. Do they have any clue as to what they are doing?

The package I shipped made it to it's destination (thank God) since it was a trade worth $200.

They evidently assigned it a NEW airbill number. Why? Well, they do not have an answer. What was wrong with the one in their system which matched the one I put on the box? What a mess.

Now I am trying to get the double charges corrected before they invoice me. Why are you double charging me? Who put a new airbill on the box? They don't know what happened.

This company sucks.

Time to look into the UPS Reptile Shipping Account. Even if it costs more to ship, I do not care as long as I don't have to deal with these screw ups anymore.

Old 08-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #6
herpcondo
Hey Steve,,

i have shipped 30 or so packages in the last 2 months,, and i got a bill today,, and did a little analyzing it ,,,
i am actually paying less even with the pickup service per package than i was with airborne,,,
my average package cost is around 25.00 or so,,
some a little more,, some a little less,, but the average is 25.00
and that includes all the charges,, even the pick up fee,,,
( not a bad deal considering i have not had any problems,,)

so by the time i pay for the new foam lined box,, heat or cold packs,, and shipping the 30.00 i charge for shipping just covers my bill...
look into the UPS "reptile shipping account" it is the only way to go for me,,,
( hope some of this helps..)

Old 08-15-2003, 09:28 PM   #7
JungleHabitats
monitor your billing closely

Hey steve ,
FYI you will get some of these answers from airborne.....
We will look into this and call you in a day or two .....
Why yes sir it does shoe that we billed you twice for the same package ....
i will get this corrected and have my supervisor contact you..... among many other LIES or tossing the buck however they may put it ... its sad but there customer sevice totally lacks...
i was told on a destroyed cage by more then 20 people ( yes i wrote names & ext #'s down they would call me and keep me informed ) and more then 1/2 i called back and they actually didnt know who i was ??!! im sure that you will get the same along with getting billed for a long time to collect there double billing just stand firm and dont take NO for a answer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!