Again with UPS...? *Sigh* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Omnomnami
Again with UPS...? *Sigh*

I used shipyourreptiles.com to have my shipment with UPS booked...I also had an insulated box and all of the goods from shipyourreptiles.com.

I went to ship out my two bearded dragons this morning at 9:30-10am...
Since I had gotten them all packed up and ready in the car, all I had to do was drop them off and let them know that the package was there.

I was assured by the person that I was shipping to that they would be taken care of...so I went home to relax. Later around 6pm I thought I'd hop on the internet and track the shipment on ups.com...what did I find out??? THEY HAD HAULTED MY SHIPMENT UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!
They didn't even use the number I left them to contact me and tell me that they were doing this! I would have left the whole thing in UPS' hands if it weren't for my curiosity with the whole tracking system.

They were supposed to be shipped off today (Tuesday) and arrive tomorrow (Wednesday)...Does Wednesday look like Thanksgiving to you, UPS?!

So now I'm stuck here stressing about my poor baby dragons sitting there at UPS...if they die, well shit, there goes $600. Yippee!!

UPS is going to have one angry girl at their doorstep waiting for them to open tomorrow.

All I have to say to the people on Fauna is CHECK ON YOUR SHIPMENTS!!! You can be screwed over in the blink of an eye and I doubt any of you would want to lose a $600 amount of dragons because UPS just loves to jerk around with peoples shipments.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
hhmoore
Was there an exception posted (a reason WHY they weren't shipped). If there was a known delay that would have prevented shipping as scheduled, UPS might have just SAVED your dragons. Better to have them at the hub where you left them, so you can pick them up this morning, vs sitting someplace where neither you or the seller can get at them.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan of UPS'...I refuse to ship live animals with them (via SYR, or not), and I try to avoid having animals shipped to me via their service. (I'm actually on the verge of flat out refusing UPS, as I used to refuse DHL...it will mean my only online transactions will be with people that can ship FedEx or Delta, but, in most cases, it will be worth it)

Old 11-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
jjhall8
Nichole,If I were you I would never ship 2 days before a holiday or after Wed. during a normal week,it gives you an extra day in case there is a delay.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Omnomnami
Yeah the thing is that I went there this morning and found out they weren't there. They had shipped them half way across my state and then held them. I had to make a two hour trip just to get them.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
hhmoore
That part just sucks - sorry to hear. Did you involve SYR? Obviously, when confronted with 4 hrs of drive time, you don't want to sit around waiting to see if things can be fixed...but they might have been able to get UPS to bring them back.
At least you got them

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
Omnomnami
Yeah I went through SYR with everything...in the end I got my word clear with UPS and they felt really bad for their crappy service...and sorry for the profanity in my first post. >.<

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!