6 hours after delivery - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
mechnut450
make idea of note in box saying to please contact you in box might be good idea to verify warrenty and and such terms.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #12
the gecko geek
I shipped a gecko out back in March, emailed the buyer 5 days after delivery, and have yet to hear a word about it. I would assume everything went alright, but why not just let the person know? I always make sure to let the seller know I got the package, because as a seller I know how stressful it can be not knowing if things went good or bad!

And at the same time, I have let a seller know everything went alright and have had no response from then on out. There was no, "Oh hey thanks for letting me know. Hope you enjoy it!" Not even a simple "thanks" or the abbreviation "ty" (thank you) As a buyer that worries me because I wonder why they didn't care? Was the animal sick? What's goin on here?

There are some people that are just completely inconsiderate, and unfortunately as those people breed, more like them will follow...

Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #13
bad-one
I've always contacted the seller of every snake I've gotten shipped immediately after looking them over and putting them into their respective tubs. Most sellers I find message me back happy to hear the animal looks good/ arrived safely.

Just figured it was common courtesy :/

Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #14
the gecko geek
It is common courtesy. Some people are just too ignorant and self centered to have any.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #15
WingedSweetheart
I may be a weirdo but I like to try and be friends with people I buy my snakes from. I have a couple people friended on facebook lol. Maybe that's creepy?

Anyway I also let the breeding know I got the animal safe and sound and send pictures. I also update a few days later of the new arrival in their home.

I know if it were an animal I sold I would worry about it and want to know it at least got there safely.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Andy'sReptiles
I ask for notification. Shipping snakes is probably more stressful to me than the animals themselves.

I let all customers know that my live arrival and health guarantee afterwards is dependent on contact within 1 hr. of delivery. (via phone or email).

That seems to motivate most to contact me.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy'sReptiles View Post
I ask for notification. Shipping snakes is probably more stressful to me than the animals themselves.

I let all customers know that my live arrival and health guarantee afterwards is dependent on contact within 1 hr. of delivery. (via phone or email).

That seems to motivate most to contact me.
I was thinking about putting something like that in my TOS...especially since I buy the SYR insurance and they have a time limit on letting them know if there's a problem.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #18
CSExotics
Tell me about it. Every time I have a shipment of reptiles, I inform the seller immediately once I receive them and their health status and my experience with them. But when I'm shipping something to someone, especially during the winter I want to know how the animal arrived.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
lavy&purple retics
lol ik the feeling of this thats why im glad i have a this app on my phone called trackpack i just type in what company it is and the tracking number and it keeps me updated everytime the system updates....there will be time they get it and it comes to my phone ill call or txt them and say im glad it arrived...there answer will be yea how did ya know i was just unboxing it....lol love trackpack...but yes some people dnt think it neccesary but they should out of common curtesy to let you know it arrived..

Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #20
TriangleReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
I was thinking about putting something like that in my TOS...especially since I buy the SYR insurance and they have a time limit on letting them know if there's a problem.
I do the same thing. That way, I know that the customer was there to receive the package. I get a FedEx notification upon arrival, and if I don't get confirmation from the buyer within an hour, all warranties are voided.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!