Airborne Express ....... wonder how many - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #11
Dwight Good
Avoid Airborne Express like the plague

On June 3rd, 2003 I received a package that was delivered by Airborne Express. The contents of this shipment were paid for prior to delivery, but the shipping fee was to be billed to me.

On August 15th, 2003 I received my first bill for this shipment, which was in the amount of $49.52. This was almost $20 higher than the original shipping quote that I was given by the shipper. I was astounded, to say the least. However I chalked up the error to a calculation error by the shipper and decided to let it slide.

The following day, Saturday August 16th, 2003 I received another bill from Airborne, this time a $5 charge for a late payment fee! What the hell? They give you less than a day to pay and then charge a late fee? I immediately called the customer service number but then found out that the Airborne customer service department is not available on Saturdays. I made a mental note to call them the next available opportunity and discuss this unreasonable charge of $5 without adequate time to pay the original amount owed.

A money order in the amount of $49.52 was secured on August 18th, 2003 and mailed to Airborne that same day. I proceeded to contact Airborne's customer service department by phone and explained my situation. I don’t recall the exact date (it was most likely the 18th) but the customer service representative was very polite and helpful, and assured me the late fee would be waived. At that point I considered this situation resolved.

However, a few weeks later I received a curt and somewhat rude letter postmarked September 8th, 2003 from a Linda Smith concerning this fee. In this letter, Smith stated that the fee was a valid charge and “need to be paid.” To add further fuel to the fire, I received yet another invoice for this late fee around the first of October.

I just fired off a letter to them today, we will see how they handle the situation. I will NEVER do business with this company again regardless of whether they waive their stupid late fee or not.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:31 PM   #12
thegeckobarn
ive had the same thing happen to me a few times, and I have yet to pay them, because I feel I should not have been charged what I was charged.

I forget the dimensions and such, but I shipped a few animals out in the same size boxes, same weight, etc, and was charged $35 for one package, and $53 for the 2nd package...of the same exact weight, measurements, and time of delivery.

There are a few others that I was overcharged on...but I unfortunetly didnt keep track of them all.

Oh well...I guess I HAVE to pay it....eventually. For now im sticking with UPS.

Crystal Light

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!