2 day delivery? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
tbgnc22
2 day delivery?

So I'm thinking about inquiring on several snakes but am concerned with the fact overnight shipping isn't an option. Can anyone offer good feedback on accepting a 2 day delivery?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Why 2 day shipping? Is it coming from Alaska or something? What reason are they giving for using 2 day? I wouldn't chance it myself...

Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Lucille
Me either. I'm thinking the people do not have to wait two days for their flights, I'd ask around to different carriers.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Shadera
I wouldn't. FYI for your seller, it's against FedEx TOS (I'm looking at my waiver) to ship via anything but priority overnight.

If that's not the case and they (or you) just live out in the sticks, I'd look for closer big hubs on either end to cut that down to make it an overnight delivery. If that's not possible, I'd still move on.

There's always airline shipping?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
tbgnc22
This is what I read straight from the sellers ad,
Quote:
One other thing about shipping, I am in Tulsa, OK and shipping from here is a TWO day delivery. They CANNOT be sent overnight from here. This is how it was explained to me. They ship a lot of frozen food every night from Tulsa, so animal shipments DO NOT leave the airport till the next day, then they spend all day inside at the Memphis airport before going out on a plane that night for delivery to you. So if I ship today, you will get your shipment Wednesday.
I haven't ran into this issue with anyone else. I'm not a big fan of anything less than overnight myself but never had reason to inquire about any other shipping until now. I just shipped my first snake today so after reading Fedex and syr state that all live animals must be overnighted.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Shadera
Maybe I'm just that anal retentive, but I'd make the drive to OKC to ship out, then. I regularly drive an hour each way to the Missoula main hub to ship. But then again, maybe I just care too much about my animals and dread the thought of them spending any longer than they have to, in that shipping box.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
tbgnc22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Maybe I'm just that anal retentive, but I'd make the drive to OKC to ship out, then. I regularly drive an hour each way to the Missoula main hub to ship. But then again, maybe I just care too much about my animals and dread the thought of them spending any longer than they have to, in that shipping box.
Exactly! I even asked for the seller to make the drive but since syr and him feel its safe, he wont do it. Needless to say I'm looking another seller. With no positive feedback I cant willingly do a transaction like that.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
radera5
Maybe Robyn from SYR or Debbie from Reptiles Express could come on here and clarify this for us, I would be very curious to hear what they have to say.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
debbieprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
Maybe Robyn from SYR or Debbie from Reptiles Express could come on here and clarify this for us, I would be very curious to hear what they have to say.
This was brought to my attention so here is what I found out.
Much of what the seller is telling you is true.
I have seen this only once but when a plane has too much dry ice there is then a restriction in place so as to not put live animals on that plane. Dry ice takes up all the oxygen The Tulsa Hub has a customer that always ships with them every night and has to much Dry Ice so this policy then comes into play almost every night. If you drop off a live animal at night it then gets bumped to the day flight which of course would then take a day to get to it's final destination.
The way to avoid this according to Fed Ex hub in Tulsa is to bring the animal to the hub by 9 AM it would then go out as a PI The seller needs to let them know it is a live animal) that day and would reach its final destination the following day.
This does have your animal in a box a bit longer but not an extra day.
Also an alternative would be to go to the Still Water OK hub . Hope this answers the question.
www.reptilesexpress.com

Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
This was brought to my attention so here is what I found out.
Much of what the seller is telling you is true.
I have seen this only once but when a plane has too much dry ice there is then a restriction in place so as to not put live animals on that plane. Dry ice takes up all the oxygen The Tulsa Hub has a customer that always ships with them every night and has to much Dry Ice so this policy then comes into play almost every night. If you drop off a live animal at night it then gets bumped to the day flight which of course would then take a day to get to it's final destination.
The way to avoid this according to Fed Ex hub in Tulsa is to bring the animal to the hub by 9 AM it would then go out as a PI The seller needs to let them know it is a live animal) that day and would reach its final destination the following day.
This does have your animal in a box a bit longer but not an extra day.
Also an alternative would be to go to the Still Water OK hub . Hope this answers the question.
www.reptilesexpress.com
You are awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this for us. Very good information Debbie.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!