"How To Do It Legal ?????" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
KodiakWood
Angry "How To Do It Legal ?????"

I would like to know the best way to ship "Legal" of boas....Let me explain ...Fedex No way they said. Airborne/Dhl does not do it no more Delta told me that I need to be certified which takes about a month or so depending on location,So comes my diliema How are you PPl getting your snakes to your customers? with no static Any help would be grateful Thanks

Old 06-07-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Mark and Aimee
I'm making a shipment with US Airways on Thursday. I'll post here after it's all said and done.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
KodiakWood
Thumbs up

Thanks... Look forward to it.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Mark and Aimee
I am NOT making a shipment with US Airways on Thursday.

US Airways has NO direct flights from Denver to St Louis, or Denver to Dallas/Ft Worth.

US Airways has NO cargo hub, other than on the east coast.

US Airways does NOT contract out cargo flights, only people flights.

My only option to get a snake from Denver to St Louis was to have US Airways fly it from Denver to Pittsburgh, leave it sitting on the runway for 5 hours, and then fly it from Pittsburgh to St Louis. My customer would NOT be please with this, and I won't take the risk.

There was simply NOTHING available to get a snake from Denver to Dallas/Ft Worth.

Luckily, our local Delta Dash office is REALLY cool. Aimee called them this morning, and they will be at our house at 5:00 TODAY, to inspect, finish paperwork, and have us ready to ship via Delta Dash by Thursday morning.

Delta rocks!

Old 06-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
pinhed
here is what think is going on. Alot of people arent shipping legally. They are shipping UPS and FedEx. They are shipping when the temperture in there state and your state are ok for the snake. Boxing them carefully and writing "perishable handle with care this side up" or something of this sort and just shipping illegally and if they get caught most likely the animal goes back to them and they get a slap on the wrist and try shipping it through the other choice.
All this is just assumption dont take my word for it. I dont ship.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
JJFOUTZ
Steps to become Fed-Ex certified to ship.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=33533

Old 06-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
Winter
Quote:
Luckily, our local Delta Dash office is REALLY cool. Aimee called them this morning, and they will be at our house at 5:00 TODAY, to inspect, finish paperwork, and have us ready to ship via Delta Dash by Thursday morning.
Mark and Aimee,

I would be cautious about having your package ready to ship out by Thursday morning simply because I was told something completely different then you were by all of the Delta folks I have spoken with when I was in the process of being verified.

I had my home inspected a good month ago or so, but when I talked to the folks at the local hub and in person at my house, they both told me that the house inspection was the quick part, but that having the paperwork sent to Atlanta (the big Delta hub) and reviewed for the background check, etc., was what usually took 2-4 weeks before you would be added to verified shippers list.

I sincerely hope that you are able to ship out this week as promised, but it might not be a bad idea to have a backup in case you are not able to. Best of luck!

Lauren Rost

Old 06-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
JJFOUTZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Winter
I had my home inspected a good month ago or so, but when I talked to the folks at the local hub and in person at my house, they both told me that the house inspection was the quick part, but that having the paperwork sent to Atlanta (the big Delta hub) and reviewed for the background check, etc., was what usually took 2-4 weeks before you would be added to verified shippers list.
I do not understand the home inspection thing. What right do they have to come into your home and inspect for anything and how do they justify the need to do so?

I am not trying to be smart or anything like that, I truly do not understand why people give up thier constituional rights to companys because they would like to use thier services.

Old 06-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #9
JJFOUTZ
I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again.

Quote:
Originally posted by JJFOUTZ
Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
What right do they have to come into your home and inspect for anything and how do they justify the need to do so?

Old 06-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #10
DThomas
Quote:

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Quote:
I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again.

What right do they have to come into your home and inspect for anything and how do they justify the need to do so?
I have said it before and I will say it again, the US Constitution pertains to the GOVERNMENT ONLY. It does not pertain to private business or individuals.

Anyways, what right do they have? If you want to ship through them and one requirement is they inspect your facilities and you decline, (which you have the right to do), they have the right to refuse you service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!