"How To Do It Legal ?????" - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #21
JJFOUTZ
I should have added to my last post.

You may be having problems getting this to happen if you only have your name on the Fed-Ex acct. They want to see a business name on there along with your name.

In PA you can have a self proprietary business name without doing anything as long as your sir name (Last name) is included in the business name as a seperate word. Example: (last name) reptiles or (last name) boa or whatever you choose. The income would be calimed with your regular income when you file your taxes and taxed the same.

If you have already created the acct with Fed-Ex, call a customer service person and have a self proprietary business name (if you do not already have a business name) added to the acct and try again with the rest of the process.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #22
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally posted by JJFOUTZ
I would not do business with someone that requires me to let them step on my Constitutional rights.
That is, of course, within your Constitutional rights.

The one part of private enterprise and the free market economy that most people still don't get is that companies can refuse to do business with you. They can't discriminate, but they can refuse your business if you refuse their requirements. Simple as that. Your Constitutional right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure applies to government, police, or other LEOs breaking down your door at 4AM, not to FedEx and what they consider to be reasonable protocol for approving businesses to do business intimately with.

What you've got to understand is that in order for you to gain the PRIVILEGE (note: privilege, not a right) to call up Delta Dash and have your package on a plane in a matter of hours requires that they put a HUGE amount of trust in you as a shipper. Making sure your address is legit and isn't occupied by 9 middle eastern men with no furniture is well within the realm of reasonable comfort.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:30 PM   #23
JJFOUTZ
Mister Internet

Quote:
Originally posted by JJFOUTZ
The point is that they are requiring you to submit to thier inspection of your home for them to accept your business. I find that seriously intrusive and will not happen as far as I am conserned. I understand that I have the right to refuse the inspection and the fact that they will not approve me to ship with them because of that decision. As you have stated, I too accept the fact that I can not ship with them because of this.
Your comments have already been addressed.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #24
ms_terese
We went through the same process that Jeff laid out through FedEx and have not had a problem with them in the last month or so since getting approved.

Prior to that, we had used UPS regularly. The local hub knew us, the drivers knew us, they knew what we shipped, and we all got along famously.

One day I went into the hub to drop off a package (we always drop off at the hub about 15 minutes before closing, so that the animals are in transit for as minimal a time as possible) and there was some sort of inspector there. They opened the packaged, announced that they would not accept it, copied down our name and address, and that was that. The clerk (whom I knew) stood by helplessly.

Their loss, I guess.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #25
pinhed
To become FedEx certified to ship do you need to get a business liscence? Considering it is business to business shipping only.

Old 06-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #26
JJFOUTZ
Fed-Ex never asked me for any type of proof of business. There was a business name attached to the account but no proof or liscence was asked for. They just copied the business name on the account to the waiver.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #27
Khaman
I received my package inspection approval back on April 23 and then spent a month trying to get a hold of the guy I was supposed to send it to. I kept getting calls back from service reps that would ask me what problem I was having I would explain it and they would “Happily get on that for you”. Two weeks later I would call back and receive another call back from entirely different rep asking the same questions.

I finally received a call from someone that at least seemed to know what she was doing and asked me to send her my approval from the package department I emailed her an adobe PDF file and waited two weeks and called back and left her a message, another week goes by and I call again this time getting routed to the animal desk and finally James Brown. He informed me that my waiver crossed his desk in mid May was approved and sent back to the rep to be sent to me and I still have not seen it.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 AM   #28
JJFOUTZ
Did James Brown give you the info on what rep it was and his contact info? I would be contacting him and finding out exactly what us going on considering that I got all my stuff that came from James on the same day that James sent it to my rep. Everything was sent to the rep from James through e-mail and then forwarded to me.

Old 06-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #29
Khaman
I know what rep is handling it but getting in touch with her is proving to be near impossible.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
dwedeking
Call their toll free number. When you get the generic rep on the line take a calm but clearly irritated tone. Explain that you can't get a call back from your rep and would like the email AND phone number to her immediate supervisor. Email and leave a voice message (make sure to CC your rep on the email). Again, take a calm but clearly irritated tone with them and your phone will start ringing off the hook.

I had the same issue when we first started with them. I got an email back from the supervisor in the middle of the night. A phone call from the rep. And bam, he walks in the door of the shop in two days with all the paperwork I needed.

Don't get hyper, or then your just a problem customer. But an angry customer that is trying hard to control themselves gets results because they'll be afraid you'll go even higher (and do so if this doesn't work).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!