Info Eddie Markward - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #101
HerpVenue
118 animals dead from a heater /tstat malfunction?

So all 118 animals were on one heater /tstat?

Or perhaps it was a heater that was being used to heat the room and all animals were on ambient temperatures?

I am completely lost on that "story".

With the pictures of the animals and all the mites, I am more apt to believe that something moved through the colony. But that is just my opinion.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #102
Xaila
I don't think anyone was suggesting that Eddie is not responsible for what he did? He is, and he should (and seems to be) taking steps to make amends.

I presume the donated animals to Charlene would simply be an act of support and kindness to someone who lost a bunch of animals. They're not 'responsible' but it'd be a nice gesture is what's being suggested I think.

Whatever you believe, trying to help either Charlene or Eddie fix this situation, for the sake of the animals, is a lot more productive than sitting on the sidelines jeering. And it looks as if at least one person is already helping to care for a few of them.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #103
Xaila
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post

Or perhaps it was a heater that was being used to heat the room and all animals were on ambient temperatures?

With the pictures of the animals and all the mites, I am more apt to believe that something moved through the colony. But that is just my opinion.
It was an oil filled heater that went haywire I think. So ambient heat.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #104
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaila View Post
Whatever you believe, trying to help either Charlene or Eddie fix this situation, for the sake of the animals, is a lot more productive than sitting on the sidelines jeering. And it looks as if at least one person is already helping to care for a few of them.
Fix the situation for "for the sake of the animals" by giving more animals.
No thanks. I help the community in my own way.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #105
Xaila
Not to him, to her. He probably should consider getting out of snakes entirely for awhile.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #106
Southern.Constrictors.2
Quote:
What the %^&* did I just read?!?!

This statement resembles what some people feel in real life. In real life, there are some people who believe that society and not the criminal, is responsible for criminals said actions.

I will say it here just like I say in real life...... huuuuhh NO.

Perhaps I missed it. But what does his "friends" have to do with this transaction? Because they pressed a button on facebook does not mean they are responsible for any part of this transaction. It is almost like saying, you are talking to him on the internet. Why don't you give the lady some animals.

I guess you can say I wholeheartedly disagree.
I think she was suggesting something more like a loan to Eddie to help him repay the debt all at once and then he can work out arrangements to repay said loans, not giving for nothing. But that was just how I read it.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #107
Southern.Constrictors.2
Quote:

Eddie uses ambient heat as opposed to heat tape. So, yes. Everything was on one thermostat because it was the one heater.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #108
Black Adder
And I have already stated once that I find it incredulous that 118 animals could die in just ONE night due to this tstat malfunction....
Have had it happen myself overnight, caught it early am and lost not one single animal
Sorry but I just do not believe it could have been just one nights occurence
However NONE of that is going to help anybody right now so maybe we need to stop labouring the subject.....
Eddie has admitted he was in the wrong
This now needs to move along

Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #109
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
And I have already stated once that I find it incredulous that 118 animals could die in just ONE night due to this tstat malfunction....
Have had it happen myself overnight, caught it early am and lost not one single animal
Sorry but I just do not believe it could have been just one nights occurence
However NONE of that is going to help anybody right now so maybe we need to stop labouring the subject.....
Eddie has admitted he was in the wrong
This now needs to move along
He said it occurred while he was on vacation. Most people with large collections just have someone check their snakes every 2-3 days if they have to go away. So, I could see how a t-stat failure could cause the room to overheat.

The OP has wisely refused to accept offers of donated animals until the ones she currently has are mite-free and healthy, which I find laudable. You don't bring healthy critters into a collection of compromised ones.

If Eddie has friends locally who are willing to help, they could consider taking some of his snakes for rehab and eventual sale. That friend would have to be a saint though, most people would not knowingly bring home an underweight, mite-infested critter.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #110
Black Adder
As I said previously, it had to be more than just one night and there now seems to be contradictory statements on that event
However it has occured and alt9very unfortunate maybe all can learn some valuable lessons from this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!