Info Eddie Markward - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #121
Chris Kennard
Who's to say the "incident" being discussed had anything to do with what happened to the snakes? No proof of anything. Are the snakes in a freezer? Maybe in a hole in the ground? Not one picture of anything to prove said alibis. I'm not buying any of it.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #122
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
For those who would like to argue that this could never happen to them I would ask 2 things. 1st, what is your setup, and 2nd, do you not think that the very, very, big breeders who have lost collections due to accidents did not have a better set up than yours.
For most people. You buy your 300 dollar thermostat. You then buy a 13 dollars back up. Something like the STC-1000. You hook the heating side to your 300 dollar thermostat, you hook the cooling side to a radio with the volume turned all the way up.

You set the 13 dollar STC-1000 for the max temp, for balls maybe 100F ( I don't own or know about pythons).

At 100F it will turn off your 300 dollar Thermostat and Blast your radio warning. When the temps drop back down, your 300 dollar termostat will reboot. You could also hook this to an 50 dollar auto dialer. If you want a server, you can get one for about 200 bucks.

If the stc-1000 fails, then you have your 300 dollar thermostat. If it fails, you have a 13 dollar back up.

The chances of both of them falling on the same day in the same way, is nearly impossible.

But if they do, you can also get a 100 dollar caller. Google temperature auto dialer.

Failure of heating system is almost always on the person that made the system.

For example, the oil heater hooked to a Tstat. I do not know many commercial Tstats that can handle a normal size oil heater.

That is something like 12 amps 1500 watts.

Most proportionals you will find for reptiles use the omron g3m, which is a 5 amp 550 watt SSR. You will destroy it at 12amps, you could burn down your house.

But if it was hooked to a heater system, with out a back up. And it did get a probe off, which is possible, why was the heater put on high?

If most cases, with a closed room, you are never going to cycle the heater more then 70%. So, as a built in fail safe, turn the heater only to what it takes to heat the room+20%.

The heater, once heated, will never use that much more energy. And if you have a massive fail, then it will only heat 20% more then normal.

If you heat the room to 80 degrees. Then at most, you would get to 100 degrees if it failed.

Moral of my story, we all need to take a hard look at our systems and how many animals we can keep.

If they fail, some one will die.

Backups.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #123
Lucille
Quote:
"partnership".
Eddie imay beliable to his partner for damage due to his negligent, egregious lack of care and oversight.
I do not see any way for Eddie to avoid liability.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #124
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Who's to say the "incident" being discussed had anything to do with what happened to the snakes? No proof of anything. Are the snakes in a freezer? Maybe in a hole in the ground? Not one picture of anything to prove said alibis. I'm not buying any of it.
Excellent point. A lot of snakes went missing, besides the ones that were picked up. Was there an ' incident'? Were they sold?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #125
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Markward View Post
Through out all this I have made many mistakes. I completely over estimated my rat breeding abilities, I underestimated the cost to feed a collection of that size. I failed to communicate issues and problems. I didn't make their priorities my priorities. I didn't ask for help when I needed it.

At this point all I can do is ask that the Payne's forgive me and work with me as we come to a resolution.

There will be many here that won't give me a second thought or chance. But for those that will all I ask is for the opportunity to earn your trust and respect again. I'm not asking that either be freely given, but that you would allow me to attempt to earn them.
You won't earn squat by being a one hit wonder here. Man up and start explaining yourself.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #126
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Eddie imay beliable to his partner for damage due to his negligent, egregious lack of care and oversight.
I do not see any way for Eddie to avoid liability.

I clearly stated my argument was directed towards the snakes lost due to the TStat, and not any other negligence. I also mentioned very large breeders who have lost collections and even buildings due to an accident. IMHO, you would have to prove that the TStat failure was directly due to the negligence of Mr Markwards to put the weight of the lose solely onto him. If you argue that this event could have been caused by an overheat of the whole room then you would have to argue that this could not have been caused in a relatively short amount of time, 18 hours for example, to bring in the fact he was away and thus had he taken precautions and had someone check in once a day, this could not have happened.

All I'm saying here is that accidents happen. If this was an accident then it is an event that falls evenly between the "partners".

Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #127
Lucille
Quote:
I clearly stated my argument was directed towards the snakes lost due to the TStat.
There is no proof that there was any TStat issue. It is clever to divert the fault of such a large loss to an issue that has not been proven.
Those snakes may have been sold, they may have died of starvation and the TStat story made up.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #128
charlene.dourty
I want to post these here if indeed some of my "dead" snakes are indeed still alive. While I don't have current enough pictures of all the snakes that are on the list, I do have some. Please keep on the look out for them.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #129
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
You won't earn squat by being a one hit wonder here. Man up and start explaining yourself.
Some people are like " oh gee he took responsibility so he is okay with me".
What did he take responsibility for?
Tstat failure?
Neglect?
Disease going through the collection?
Sale of missing animals?
What?
Saying they are in bad shape "because I messed up". Is not enough. I would like to know exactly what it is you messed up. I would like to know if I may continue to purchase animals from that part of the country, should I desire to do so. I want to know if I need to close off the collection to animals that may have a remote chance of being exposed to animals from that part of the country. I need to know if the person can be trusted or if said person sold off animals that "perished" in the incident. I need to know if I should stop looking at advice being given by a person who can't purchase a $25 Tstat as a back up.

Vaguely taking responsibility because it is easier than explaining yourself or it is better than people finding out the truth is not acceptable.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #130
charlene.dourty
There is talk circulating that Eddie is trying to put the blame on my for the condition of our animals. It is said that he will be posting saying that my animals were in bad health before he received them. While I will admit, two of our animals were not healthy, the rest were. The two that were not healthy were made known to Eddie before he got our animals.

#1: Pastel het hypo female (big breeder). We had her in our 41 qt rack which holds 4 adults. Somehow when moving the racks from the house to the shed in the backyard, the probe came off the heat tape. We had to move the snakes to the rodent barn because we were replacing the carpet in our house in preparation for the move. Since the probe was off and I had not noticed, the heat tape went unregulated. Even though they had the ability to go to the cool side, this particular female must have remained on the heated side for too long and resulted with burns. I had been treating her with antibiotics and keeping her cage clean. I was waiting for her to shed when Eddie got our animals.

#2: Normal het gstripe female (breeder). After taking the snakes out to the rodent shed, we were out of town one weekend for a reptile show in Birmingham. We had friends checking our animals 2x a day (dogs,cat, and reptiles/rodents). They called the second morning to inform us the power was out in the rodent shed and temps were down to 55. They got the power back on and everyone heated back up. As a result, this girl came out with an RI. I had treated her with antibiotics and she was for the most part over her infection when Eddie got the animals. I don't know if it was the stress of the transport to Eddie's or what but she did relapse in his care as well.

I will attach some screen shots in a few to back this info up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!