American Green Tree Frog--HELP!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
JadeLG
Exclamation American Green Tree Frog--HELP!!

please help!!
my American green tree frog has started turning a white color a week ago and stayed that way. i have no idea what's going on because she/he was a light green to dark brown color and about a week ago it has turned this white color and won't turn any other colors.
is it sick? too hot, too cold? the temperatures are around 68-75° during the day and mid to low 40°'s at night (Alabama). the tank stays outside.

backstory:i captured a whole mess load of tadpoles from my pool over the summer so i'm not entirely sure what kind of frogs they were, but they look like American green tree frogs now. i raised them all outside in a large pond and let the majority hop away. i only successfully kept one, which i like to call Toad because it was dark brown and would eat all the smaller lighter green frogs. Toad later turned light green as it got older and just recently started turning white as the temperature dropped.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
JadeLG
Exclamation pictures

more comparing pictures of her previously to her now.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 02:35 AM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Gray (versicolor is the species). Not to worry.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:40 AM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Could also be a Cope's gray (chrysoscelis) due to where you are. Effectively the same for the most part.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
american, amphibian, frog, green tree