help plz! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
fullrace2
help plz!

Other then me being a ball python guy this is probably not the place but can anyone jog my memory and tell me how to post pics? I remember using photo bucket and getting the little tag thing and putting that in my post would show the pic in my post and I have tried all the different ones and none show up when I click preview post

Any and all help would be appricatied it's been awhile lol

Old 11-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Robert Walker
I never use photobucket. I always just "attach files" from from my personal computer directly. Perhaps someone else can chime in and help if you are specifically trying to do it from photobucket.

The area I use is located below in the Additional Options area. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
WebSlave
There is a "sticky" in this section about how to do this using attachments -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Old 11-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Mikkwa
Donald, if you are a Photobucket user once you have your photos of choice uploaded there will be several links under each photo. Left click on the Direct link, it should turn blue.

Then go to your "Copy" option in your computer and click on it. When you are ready to add your photo in a thread or post here, go back to your options in your computer and click paste. The link to your photo should add directly in the reply box.

Next you will need to add the IMG tags at each end of the link, example:

[IMG]paste link here[/IMG]

Your desired photo should come up when using Photobucket and the direct link with these IMG tags.

I use Photobucket for most of my photos I add to forum messages. When I have several photos to add I keep Photobucket on a separate tab open and toggle between the site I am adding my photos and the album I have them uploaded to Photobucket on. That way I have Photobucket open for easy access to copy photos from or change to different albums quickly.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
WebSlave
If you are posting ads in the classifieds, the IMG method will not produce a thumbnail for the ad. And if you are posting in the Board Of Inquiry, the IMG method is not acceptable if posting photos or screenshots of "evidence", since photobucket accounts can be closed and photos deleted at will, which neuters such evidence that was provided.

So it will likely be best to get into the habit of attaching photos as has been indicated earlier in this thread. You can practice in Testing Area (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=41) if you would like.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Mikkwa
I apologize for including how to use Photobucket in this thread. I am not a breeder or do any sales of animals here or anywhere else. So I forget that outside imaging hosts are not used in these situations on Fauna.

I added the help on using Photobucket due to Donald asking about how to get it to work. I understand the reasons for not using Photobucket and why the attachment method is best here.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
hhmoore
Photobucket is useful when posting ads, because it allows more photos to be included (only 4 attached image are permitted per post)...it also allows the image to be placed in line with the text, so a description can be placed with each photo. One can always attach the desired thumbnail in addition to those other images.

I recommend using the IMG link provided by photobucket, rather than our IMG tags, though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!