Bad Guy "ChamGuy"-Mike Luu- RARE SPINELESS OPUNTIA - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Lucille
I emailed him. On closer reading, they are trying to save uninfected areas of opuntia, not crops, from being infected by this moth and so are restricting some opuntia movement into uninfected areas.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
Dragon_Lover713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Here's something interesting: There is some kind of bad moth that travels on cactus and apparently they are trying to stop its spread to prevent damage to crops. It looks like Louisiana may have been been apparently relatively recently added to a quarantine of 'host plant' material, read about a foot down into all the text. If true, he might have sent the opuntia out not knowing this and it may have been intercepted:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2011/2011-3991.htm
Interesting! I did not know this until now. They might of been what happened but I believe the post office would of let him know or they would of sent the packages back?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #13
Lucille
They would probably just destroy the package to prevent unintended release of any possible bad moths, rather than send it back.

I do not think he is a bad guy at all.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #14
hhmoore
Just became aware that Mike Luu is (for the time being, at least) using a different account here: TheCactusGuy
He reported this thread, and requested its removal.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #15
ErikL
I had a great experience with Mike over several years of him shipping me cactus. In general, orders were recieved promptly without difficulties. I suspect he will correct things if there has been a shipping problem.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!